Post subject: Schwalbe Hans Dampf's
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:54 pm 
Carbon Cabrón
Carbon Cabrón

Given: 366 thanks
Received: 764 thanks
Bike(s): Giant Trance
Favorite Trails: Anything with dirt
Yesterday Bikebling switched out the tires on my Nomad.

They gave me a set of Schwalbe Hans Dampf's. From what I read on the web these are fairly new on the market.

Today was the first ride on these tires, I rode at Spring Canyon. Keep in mind I only have experience with a few tires. I've ridden WTB Exiwolf, Kenda Nevagals, Maxxis High Rollers and now the Hans Dampf's.

Based on one ride I really like these tires. They roll pretty well, somewhere between the High Rollers and the Nevagals but not as good as the Exiwolfs.

Pretty close to the High Rollers but not quite that well. Grip however is great, way better than the Nevagals and far, far better than the High Rollers.

I think once I get the tire pressure figured out they will be even better. They are tubeless ready tires and will work with any sealant without destroying the tire at least that's the claim.

They are very large volume tires, look to be about the size of 2.5 Nevalgal (my tires are 2.35) huge volume.

Today I ran them at 25psi front and 26psi rear. I think I can run them a lot lower even with tubes without pinch flats. Tomorrow I'm going to try 23 front and 24 rear. The tire says the pressure range is 23 -50 psi. They are quite hard at the pressure I ran them at today.

Anyway, based on one ride so far I'd say if you are thinking about trying a pair stop thinking and get them...

Also they look good on your bike:

The following user would like to thank DWill for his or her post:
Red Hot Sloth