It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:48 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 1848 thanks
Received: 2498 thanks
Favorite Trails: 3
EBasil wrote:
In the new spirit of DT "crap on everything style",

Horse shit, dog shit, we don't have any control over that.
When it comes to riding at full speed, we all ride as fast as we can while staying in control
and making sure we slow down and/or stop for hikers and other trail users.

We all here on DT agree that we will NOT bend over and take it up the ass.
None of us are criminals! We all respect other trail users, and we all want
other trail users to have access too.

Stop painting us as criminals, and stop representing us and then bending over
and taking it up the ass for the mountain biking community.

The following user would like to thank abzillah for his or her post:
Mudd
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:00 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 243 thanks
Received: 788 thanks
Bike(s): Trek 69'er SS
Favorite Trails: Tunnel 9
abzillah wrote:
We all respect other trail users, and we all want
other trail users to have access too.

That sounds familiar, if only because I've said it before you. So, I say, Amen and welcome to the club. Personally, I'd like to see more trails open to mountainbikes, and I've personally had a hand in opening closed trails to mountainbikes.

As to who's painting anyone as a criminal, scroll up. It's okay if you have to move your mouth or put your finger on the screen to follow along. Just get the job done. You'll find the painters ain't me. (If not, ask for help and read again.)

Then, the very next time you're willing to do something other than bitch, moan and lash-out, to get up off your ass and do something to INCREASE trails access, take some notes and then bother to show up. That's 75% of the job right there. The other 25% might be "paying attention"... which is, admittedly, related to reading comprehension.

If you ever DO plan to do more than internet jihadism, you might consider looking around the trails and considering the reality of what other user groups (the "other trail users" you refer to) experience when people posting like those above ride by (if they act like they claim to behind a keyboard). Understanding and accommodating the needs of legitimate trails users is a courtesy often witheld FROM mountainbikers. In only a few places is the same behavior espoused BY mountainbikers. albeit a vocal/keyboardy few. If you hold yourself above that kind of bad behavior and really do support trails access for all user groups, then you might take the time to recognize the truth of the matter: current bikes allow us to ride faster and over gnarlier terrain than they did, even several years ago. Accommodating those of us who seek to enjoy those abilities might necessarily involve accommodations for those whose use of trails is inconsistent with high speed and chunk.

Is that what the MBA writer was getting at, or was he only suggesting "green stickers"? If you want the hideous green sticker concept, one that's been floated by bureaucrats at the City, then just team up with few gnarly rebels that posted above and you'll pretty much guarantee the screwheads will do it to you. If on the other hand, you understand the reality that, as our open space is bulldozed and developed, more people are compressed onto fewer trails and it's appropriate to make changes that recognize differing needs, then maybe the successor to old Zap has a concept or two worth considering (even if the green sticker idea is just plain dumb). :thumbsup:

The following 2 users would like to thank EBasil for his or her post:
Canaan, OhNooo
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:04 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 19 thanks
Received: 59 thanks
Bike(s): Yeti ASR 7, Trek 8000
Favorite Trails: northern AZ
slippery slope.

The public shouldn't have to pay to use public trails for non-motorized use.

Trail modification on public land is a different issue. People shouldn't be allowed to go play "bulldozer" and rip up the landscape to suit their own aspirations. THAT requires a permit. Private land? Do whatever you want! Public land, your actions affect generations - which warrants some discussion, IMO.

The following 5 users would like to thank ShiverMeTimbers for his or her post:
Canaan, Dirtrider, EBasil, Nitrodude50, OhNooo
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:23 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

EBasil wrote:

As to who's painting anyone as a criminal, scroll up.

I don't know wtf you are talking about, b/c I only see you as painting mountain bikers as criminals. I ready everyone's concerns about being taxed for just being a mountain biker, and HisHighness bitching and moaning, but I only see you and your organization painting mountain bikers as criminals.
I did go to the last PQ meeting, and you know what I got from it? From both the rangers they were just beating the bush. I did email the mayor, he sent me to Chris Zirkle, who also just beat around the bush like Ranger Washington and the other ranger at the PQ meeting. I have written our congress members and they aren't going to do shit.
What has SDMBA done? All trails I ride in SD county are illegal!!! So, what have you done? Ratted me out for wanting to have a race in PQ with a few friends? Being a snitch for the ranger? Brown nosing? Eric you talk like you have done something awesome for the mountain biking community, but I haven't seen shit and I don't trust you or SDMBA. After getting PMs from SDMBA and SDMBA Pro about my posts and vidoes, but finding pictures of all of you guys doing riding illegal trails and some of you guys digging illegal trails all over the net, I have no respect for your work (lack of work) and your organization.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:48 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 243 thanks
Received: 788 thanks
Bike(s): Trek 69'er SS
Favorite Trails: Tunnel 9
You paint yourself with your own ignorance.

First, SDMBA -- of which I am not a member, you moron -- has done some excellent work in the history of trails advocacy and was right there alongside the other organization I helped found in order to seek trails access for ALL users, when we took community action to improve things in LPQ (the primary focus of my discussion at this point). If you have issues with SDMBA over MTRP or Noble or Daly or whatever... leave me out of it.

Second, you should have taken the advice about using your finger on the screen. Your reading comprehension is crap. Try again. Do not collect $200.

Third, while you're out brown-nosing and publishing trails on Strava, I'll be out riding trails that were illegal for you to ride, but that are legal today because my organization brought together a coalition of mountainbiker riders, equestrians and trail runners to change rules and access rights in Los Penasquitos Canyon. We walked the talk you can only mimic. Know this: if you've ever ridden your bike on the CamRu, Cobblestone, Little Waimea, Bridges, what's left of Eucalyptus or even the North Trail in LPQ, you owe a debt to my organization, the Multiuse Trails Coalition (and to SDMBA, which is a member). Ten years later, I'm still walking that talk--working for equitable and fair trails access in the context of trails and habitat management. You went to one meeting and the Ranger* blew you off? That's nothing! Pay attention.

Fourth, you haven't seen any photos of me riding illegal trails, even where I soundly reject the stupid, crooked rules that make them "illegal". This is because I know the *truth* of the matter with "game cameras" and "user surveys" and I know that the opponents of Trails Access would LOVE to team up with bureaucrats bent on ensuring you never have a voice in open space management, waiving around a picture of me on a bike in Tunnels. *I* am screwed out of riding the very trails I've been fighting for access on since 2005, which I pretty much damn guarantee is long before you ever even knew they were there.

You haven't seen shit? Well, you haven't looked. Perhaps that's because you're new to the game or caught up in the former DT Admin's hysteria about SDMBA, but it's not for lack of things you could look at.

* note that only the City Ranger spoke to the issues of the DMM, because only the City Ranger has any management of that area. Pay attention.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:34 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

EBasil wrote:
Know this: if you've ever ridden your bike on the CamRu, Cobblestone, Little Waimea, Bridges, what's left of Eucalyptus or even the North Trail in LPQ, you owe a debt to my organization, the Multiuse Trails Coalition (and to SDMBA, which is a member).

* note that only the City Ranger spoke to the issues of the DMM, because only the City Ranger has any management of that area. Pay attention.

Bullshit! Those trails and more were present in PQ and DMM area way back in 2003 when I first moved to SD. The only thing I have seen is that many of those trails have been closed off. I don't owe your organization you founded anything, because all those trails existed and more. I don't hate on you or SDMBA, I just will not support or trust SDMBA. You can walk all the walking you want to do, because you're walking is only stationary and you're not getting anywhere. When will you realize that the organization you help open is hurting us more than helping us? Seeing many trails that have existed for a long time and then they all get closed off, I don't see that as work accomplished. That is FAILURE!!!

I can care less about RHS, he's just a giant asshole and I'm an asshole too. I haven't seen you invite anyone for a ride, or post a TR on any of these "Legal Trails" you are talking about.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:23 pm 
INDIGENOUS ASSHOLE
INDIGENOUS ASSHOLE

Given: 2661 thanks
Received: 3679 thanks
Bike(s): Nomad mk2, Giant Glory
Favorite Trails: the ones that go down, duh!
abzillah wrote:
...and HisHighness bitching and moaning....

wtf man? i wasnt bitching and moaning.... :crying:

ok, bitching maybe...but definitely not moaning!

The following user would like to thank his highness for his or her post:
abzillah
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:35 pm 
Beer and Bacon Authority
Beer and Bacon Authority

Given: 1359 thanks
Received: 1291 thanks
Bike(s): Giant Trance SX/Giant TCX
Favorite Trails: No say...
EBasil wrote:
You paint yourself with your own ignorance.

First, SDMBA -- of which I am not a member, you moron -- has done some excellent work in the history of trails advocacy and was right there alongside the other organization I helped found in order to seek trails access for ALL users, when we took community action to improve things in LPQ (the primary focus of my discussion at this point). If you have issues with SDMBA over MTRP or Noble or Daly or whatever... leave me out of it.

Second, you should have taken the advice about using your finger on the screen. Your reading comprehension is crap. Try again. Do not collect $200.

Third, while you're out brown-nosing and publishing trails on Strava, I'll be out riding trails that were illegal for you to ride, but that are legal today because my organization brought together a coalition of mountainbiker riders, equestrians and trail runners to change rules and access rights in Los Penasquitos Canyon. We walked the talk you can only mimic. Know this: if you've ever ridden your bike on the CamRu, Cobblestone, Little Waimea, Bridges, what's left of Eucalyptus or even the North Trail in LPQ, you owe a debt to my organization, the Multiuse Trails Coalition (and to SDMBA, which is a member). Ten years later, I'm still walking that talk--working for equitable and fair trails access in the context of trails and habitat management. You went to one meeting and the Ranger* blew you off? That's nothing! Pay attention.

Fourth, you haven't seen any photos of me riding illegal trails, even where I soundly reject the stupid, crooked rules that make them "illegal". This is because I know the *truth* of the matter with "game cameras" and "user surveys" and I know that the opponents of Trails Access would LOVE to team up with bureaucrats bent on ensuring you never have a voice in open space management, waiving around a picture of me on a bike in Tunnels. *I* am screwed out of riding the very trails I've been fighting for access on since 2005, which I pretty much damn guarantee is long before you ever even knew they were there.

You haven't seen shit? Well, you haven't looked. Perhaps that's because you're new to the game or caught up in the former DT Admin's hysteria about SDMBA, but it's not for lack of things you could look at.

A song for the self-righteous

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:58 pm 
Participant
Participant

Given: 5 thanks
Received: 30 thanks
Favorite Trails: Mostly off-limits these days..
What I took away from the article that I agreed with is that a) Guys bombing multi-use trails on bikes overbuilt for the trail they are on is in the long run only going to work against the whole Mt.Bike community. b)It's always the bikers that get screwed. c) If we don't find a way to regulate ourselves, somebody is going to do it for(to) us.

The following 4 users would like to thank Gon for his or her post:
Canaan, EBasil, mtbgurlSD, OhNooo
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:27 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 0 thanks
Received: 424 thanks
Bike(s): Commencal Super 4.1
Favorite Trails: Black Rock Oregon
Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya :)

The following user would like to thank n10sive for his or her post:
Dirtrider
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:11 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

n10sive wrote:
Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya :)

Fuck you Grant! You only say this because you're broken!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:48 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Check this out!

Free! Just show up and ride!

http://reviews.mtbr.com/mtbr-norcal-members-climb-10000-feet-in-soquel-demo-forest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:57 pm 
Man of Liesure
Man of Liesure

Given: 4069 thanks
Received: 1942 thanks
Bike(s): Stumpjumper 29er
Favorite Trails: Calavera,Chaa Creek Bze
Here's my penny on multi use trails, ride them as if your KID is hiking in the opposite direction; so you don't have a kid, well, imagine there is someone you are willing to sacrifice,life, to protect! Sorry won't cut it, after you run a kid down getting your fix. STOP IT!! And the Video evidence of reckless riding on multi use trails, SUCK, especially on popular hiking trails on the weekends, STOP IT!!! Directed at no one, but meant for all.

The following 5 users would like to thank Belizean for his or her post:
Canaan, EBasil, Kimba, Ld00d, OhNooo
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:21 pm 
INDIGENOUS ASSHOLE
INDIGENOUS ASSHOLE

Given: 2661 thanks
Received: 3679 thanks
Bike(s): Nomad mk2, Giant Glory
Favorite Trails: the ones that go down, duh!
you people are crazy....these trails were made by God for us to ride our long travel bikes down.
how can you be so blind?
why would God have placed giant drops and rocks all over a trail unless he wanted us to ride it with our modified super duper enhanced progressive machines???

hikers can go climb stairs at Horton Plaza, and the equestrians can go have beasteality sex with their horses behind their horse trailers....the trails are for US!!!

The following 4 users would like to thank his highness for his or her post:
abzillah, Lanceuppercut, Mudd, parker2011
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:48 pm 
Man of Liesure
Man of Liesure

Given: 4069 thanks
Received: 1942 thanks
Bike(s): Stumpjumper 29er
Favorite Trails: Calavera,Chaa Creek Bze
There is a God, a bone shall be broken in the very near future my brotha. "Watch what mi tell yo" he works in mysterious ways. Youth, and the feeling of invincibilty, shows immaturity in a man. Ride On.

The following 2 users would like to thank Belizean for his or her post:
Canaan, OhNooo
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next