All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Aimlessley wandering
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:45 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 235 thanks
Received: 457 thanks
Favorite Trails: .
Decided I was going to see if I could beat my friend's PR on strava going down Marthas today so rode out to sycamore. Did "ok for me" but still almost a minute behind my friends time (hes #9). Post ride vid analysis says stop being a p@ssy and just roll that first drop - I have no idea why I have such a hangup about it. Other than that, if I want to get faster I think maybe getting the weight down below 215 might be the only solution lol

Vid, it's just another marthas grove vid but if you can't get out and ride it's better than staring at the wall lol - and go ahead and make fun of me there at the start, I know I deserve it

So anyway, I decided since the signs were up and I didn't want to get shot and shipped off to guantanamo that I really didn't feel like riding sycamore anyway.

Turned around and headed out to lake Poway for a sort of random route

Attachment:
map.png
map.png [ 515.51 KiB | Viewed 4345 times ]

Attachment:
elevation.png
elevation.png [ 111.26 KiB | Viewed 4345 times ]

I used to think I hated strava cuz it was very clear pointing out how slow I am, but I have found that knowing my friends r going to see how slow I was riding has started making me ride faster lol.

http://app.strava.com/rides/3484617

The following 2 users would like to thank craptasticyler for his or her post:
tktbc, ValE
 Post subject: Re: Aimlessley wandering
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:40 pm 
Participant
Participant

Given: 8 thanks
Received: 10 thanks
Bike(s): TALLBOY, STUMPJUMPER
Favorite Trails: all
nice vid , just try to go harder on the flat stuff at the end thats were you will gain time and maybe less brakes on the turns ,o and wear knee and elbow pads , you will feel more confident, by the way im # 2 , Dave is your friend? i know him

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:51 pm 
Participant
Participant

Given: 8 thanks
Received: 10 thanks
Bike(s): TALLBOY, STUMPJUMPER
Favorite Trails: all
just saw the vid again stick to the left on the first little drop just look ahead and commit to that line it really is not that hard but it is intimidating keep your weight centered you want to have traction on the front wheel . must important to look way ahead allways

The following user would like to thank tktbc for his or her post:
craptasticyler
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:39 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 235 thanks
Received: 457 thanks
Favorite Trails: .
tktbc wrote:
nice vid , just try to go harder on the flat stuff at the end thats were you will gain time and maybe less brakes on the turns ,o and wear knee and elbow pads , you will feel more confident, by the way im # 2 , Dave is your friend? i know him

Yeah Dave and I work together, I ride with him sometimes but he always kicks my butt and I feel bad for holding him up lol.

It's dumb that I have a hangup about that one section, I do more intimidating stuff without thinking about it. Heck I used to do the harder left side a-line rock drop further down on my hardtail. I spent 6 months in a cast with a broken scaphoid a year ago and think thats still messing with my confidence factor.