All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:22 pm 
Participant
Participant

Given: 221 thanks
Received: 236 thanks
Bike(s): `61 Super Hawk
Favorite Trails: Topanga, Flightline
Yesterday, I was installing a new stem on my rig, adjusting the stem height with spare spacers, trying to get the optimal geo for my riding style. That is slow and easy forgiving for this OG. Did a test run on the street and everything seem to be adequate and working. Never the less, I rode it today on much steeper, loose and rutted-out trails nearby... I couldn't make any of steep turns, the front tire would wash out over the very loose and dry DG over hardpacked. Three times in a row I crashed causing bloody forearms and bruised ribs. I end-up walking out of the place knowing that was the safest thing to do, even though I ridded there many times before without any bad crashes. Just knew there was something wrong.

What was it, why am I crashing? But then while I was walking the bike DH, I noticed my brake levers were on the opposite of the bar ends in reverse. Dang me!!!, so needless to say when I grabbed some full rear brake it was the front brake and down I would go smacking hard...

Now I'm just resting in my recliner chair watching tv, with bloody gauzes and ice packs. And will leave bike maintenance and upgrades for another day.

The following 5 users would like to thank MoFlow for his or her post:
avidtest, Dirtrider, Ld00d, OldDogDan, Ray Dolor