It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: IRON MT....SANITIZED
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:12 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 1505 thanks
Received: 1219 thanks
Favorite Trails: Crestridge
Canaan wrote:
Still accepting memberships to STFU . . . .

IN.

Italo, I know you are passionate about riding and I know you mean well, but you seriously come off as an ass the way you went about this. I originally was going to PM this but half of it would be useful for all eyes to read, and well, the other half of Italo bashing is always good for some fun. :lol:
While there are SDMBA members on here, this isnt the SDMBA site and if I were a representative of said advocacy group I would personally tell you to piss off. While not an outright attack, your post has too much of an accusational tone for anyone to take it seriously. SDMBA shouldnt have to be dodging blows from its own community.

Take a step back and breath a sec. Rather than trying to point fingers at WHOEVER fucked up and didnt do anything about it lets keep the wheels rolling and pickup steam for this particular ordeal. Why dont you rally the troops and get people to join you at the meeting? You did alot of people a favor and put on a skills session of some sort why dont you ask those people to take the time to join you at the meeting?
Lets take this chance to unite and work together rather than go thru the same old bit with "I dont like this or this about ______ Mountain Biking Association"(fill in the blank) . SDMBA is 10 or so hard working motivated individuals who have positively influenced our sport. Their human, they have their own opinions, and they make mistakes. Rather than armchair QB it and criticize them on the internet get involved and help the situation. 9 out of 10 of them are reasonable people and would love to see more people join the fight. You flat out, cant expect 10 people to pull rabbits out of their ass regarding every little situation.

Last edited by Los on Wed May 18, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The following 6 users would like to thank Los for his or her post:
badkittyjing, Canaan, evdog, his highness, moondogg, OhNooo
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:17 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 666 thanks
Received: 1790 thanks
Favorite Trails: teh gnar
always makes me laugh when someone says, " someone should do something" but doesn't do anything themselves. Must be some type of personality disorder.

Not sure that a tough guy, legal, or demanding attitude will work well with the City of Poway. Rather than put up with a bunch of non-citizens bull shit, they will likely just ban bikes on all their trails. If you live in Poway, make a fuss. But the rest of us are visitors and need to remember to be respectful to their public officials.

There is no SDMBA liaison to Poway City trails...if you live in Poway and/or have connections and/or interest and will act in a professional way, I'm guessing you could likely have that job.

The following 2 users would like to thank 406 for his or her post:
Canaan, evdog
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:20 pm 
INDIGENOUS ASSHOLE
INDIGENOUS ASSHOLE

Given: 2661 thanks
Received: 3679 thanks
Bike(s): Nomad mk2, Giant Glory
Favorite Trails: the ones that go down, duh!
Los wrote:
Why dont you rally the troops and get people to join you at the meeting?

Los, did you not see my post on Page 2 of this thread...?

his highness wrote:
God willing, i plan on attending the next poway city meeting so I can stand in front of all the board members and say exactly that ..."this is absolute CACA DE TORO, and as a land user, demand an explanation and rectification".

who else wants to be there and say their piece about this issue?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:36 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 272 thanks
Received: 362 thanks
Bike(s): Developing a damn quivvvvver!
Favorite Trails: Any with dirt!
I like Ellie Lane, not so much Iron Mt. Too many hikers all the time.
Any pictures of what Poway did to the trail?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:41 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 229 thanks
Received: 755 thanks
Bike(s): Trek EX8
Favorite Trails: hmmm, hmmm
406 wrote:
always makes me laugh when someone says, " someone should do something" but doesn't do anything themselves. Must be some type of personality disorder.

Not sure that a tough guy, legal, or demanding attitude will work well with the City of Poway. Rather than put up with a bunch of non-citizens bull shit, they will likely just ban bikes on all their trails. If you live in Poway, make a fuss. But the rest of us are visitors and need to remember to be respectful to their public officials.

There is no SDMBA liaison to Poway City trails...if you live in Poway and/or have connections and/or interest and will act in a professional way, I'm guessing you could likely have that job.

Wow.

You don't think responses like this have anything to do with the lack of popularity of the SDMBA among the San Diego riding community do you?

My apologies to Kevin, Matt, Jay and the others doing their best to get things going at the SDMBA in a positive manner but really?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:48 pm 
Carbon Cabrón
Carbon Cabrón

Given: 366 thanks
Received: 764 thanks
Bike(s): Giant Trance
Favorite Trails: Anything with dirt
My question...

How come there is not a 50+ post thread about the bull dozing of the ST at Sycamore?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:54 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 666 thanks
Received: 1790 thanks
Favorite Trails: teh gnar
ocd wrote:
You don't think responses like this have anything to do with the lack of popularity of the SDMBA among the San Diego riding community do you?

Not sure what your getting at...I'm not a board member or liaison and was just putting my personal opinion out there.
Perhaps I miss communicated.
I'm just saying tell them you liked Iron Mountain trail the way it was and would do what it takes to keep it, don't threaten them or be overly dramatic. If you can find something in the Poway civil code that grants non citizen bikers the right to demand access to Poway trails and dictate what condition they are in, perhaps then you can walk in and demand things.

Last edited by 406 on Wed May 18, 2011 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:03 pm 
INDIGENOUS ASSHOLE
INDIGENOUS ASSHOLE

DWill wrote:
My question...

How come there is not a 50+ post thread about the bull dozing of the ST at Sycamore?

cause you havent yet gone around laying your damn little orange flags.... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:20 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

his highness wrote:
Los, did you not see my post on Page 2 of this thread...?

My bad dude, busy at work flipping back and forth trying to finish my post and may have missed some things. stupid work getting in the way of my trolling

For everyone - Who said it has to be an actual advocacy group? Why not get together with other riders in your area and start attending your local riding spots meetings? I think that 3 - 5 people getting involved in their local stuff would make a huge impact. We have double that in people for each city / riding area here on DT, it just takes someone to do a little coordinating and posting up when meetings go down and more importantly people to STEP UP and take part. Look at it as organizing a group ride so to speak, there really isnt much of a difference.

Last edited by Los on Wed May 18, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The following user would like to thank Los for his or her post:
his highness
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:22 pm 
Carbon Cabrón
Carbon Cabrón

Given: 366 thanks
Received: 764 thanks
Bike(s): Giant Trance
Favorite Trails: Anything with dirt
his highness wrote:
DWill wrote:
My question...

cause you havent yet gone around laying your damn little orange flags.... :mrgreen:

No, but I bought 100 of them.

You'll likely start seeing them weekend after next... :drunk:

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:27 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

ocd wrote:

My apologies to Kevin, Matt, Jay and the others doing their best to get things going at the SDMBA in a positive manner but really?

How would you not expect someone to react defensively after the barrage this post has thrown at SDMBA? If I came at you saying that your approach to the BS at MTRP is too aggressive and makes MTB'ers look bad? You would respond defensively would you not?
At some point, WE ALL need to grow up and knock off this chicken shit game of taking pot shots at each other. No one said we all had to agree with each other, but a working relationship is needed to get shit done.

Post subject: 96
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:28 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 1012 thanks
Received: 1675 thanks
Bike(s): Enduro Bike
Favorite Trails: Mount Whitney

Last edited by Scott Forty G. on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:28 pm 
INDIGENOUS ASSHOLE
INDIGENOUS ASSHOLE

am I the only one here who thinks a mass mtb, hiker, runner, MILF and just plain Iron Mt land user presence at the next city meeting, expressing their disgust, would be highly beneficial in getting the point across?
and the point being that this cannot happen again, and that the responsible party has a moral obligation to return to the people the land they damaged? whether it be a new trail, or even if they glue back all the damn rocks they took out?

The following user would like to thank his highness for his or her post:
Mudd
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:36 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 14906 thanks
Received: 5738 thanks
Bike(s): Marin Rift Zone 3; Budget SS
Favorite Trails: Cuyamaca; Fanita Ranch
Los wrote:
ocd wrote:

How would you not expect someone to react defensively after the barrage this post has thrown at SDMBA? If I came at you saying that your approach to the BS at MTRP is too aggressive and makes MTB'ers look bad? You would respond defensively would you not?
At some point, WE ALL need to grow up and knock off this chicken shit game of taking pot shots at each other. No one said we all had to agree with each other, but a working relationship is needed to get shit done.

There's a position on the STFU (Super Trail Friends United) board for you too if you want it -- I'll even waive the membership fee. But of course I reserve the right to tell you to STFU whenever necessary.

The following user would like to thank Canaan for his or her post:
Los
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:50 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 229 thanks
Received: 755 thanks
Bike(s): Trek EX8
Favorite Trails: hmmm, hmmm
Los wrote:
ocd wrote:

I'd have to ask you how much work and interest there was in Mission Trails 3 years ago and how much work and interest is going into the place now and politely point out that this didn't happen (in my opinion) without an aggressive approach.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next