PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:09 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 149 thanks
Received: 986 thanks
Bike(s): Ibis HD5 & Ripley
Favorite Trails: North Umpqua, OR
OldDogDan wrote:
BTW, despite my POTD post yesterday about San Diego’s great weather, I am sympathetic to a number of economic and other reasons someone might have for relocating. For example, the city of San Diego has damn near as many people as the entire state of Idaho, and considerably more than a number of other states. Enjoy your new homes and all the good things there!

No worries. We all want different things in life for different reasons. I've wanted out of CA for a long, long, LONG time. I despise traffic and CA politics have long been completely out of hand. It was just a matter of where we'd end up. We used to be hardcore skiers and snowboarders and our dream was to retire in Steamboat Springs, CO. However, one brutally cold weekend in Big Bear convinced me I don't want to begin the cold & snow for 4-5 months of the year. After that, it became a question of where can I ride most of the year yet still get easy access to UNCROWDED forests/nature. If I was single, I would have gone to the PNW but my wife didn't want to deal with the rain. I brought her to Prescott and she fell in love in one weekend. We're on day 16 now and 14 days have been pure blue skies that only exist in SoCal a few days a year after the wind has blow out all the smog. The next 10 days on expected weather are 9 sunny days and 1 partly cloudy. SoCal has no monopoly on great weather. I've ridden 3 of the past 5 days and seen (5) other riders total. I'm riding on 95% singletrack two miles from my house. While I had fun almost wherever I rode in SoCal with friends, to me mountain biking at it's core is all about getting into nature and riding singletrack. Prescott needs more gnar for sure but what I rode today was surely plenty chunky. I just need to find more of it.

Enjoy the ride.

The following 3 users would like to thank k2rider for his or her post:
Dirtrider, OldDogDan, Ray Dolor
 Post subject: Re: Hasta la lista...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:16 pm 
Participant
Participant

Given: 221 thanks
Received: 236 thanks
Bike(s): `61 Super Hawk
Favorite Trails: Topanga, Flightline
k2rider wrote:
MoFlow wrote:
I'm right behind you, off to Press-Skit Valley! North County ain't what use to be!

Look me up when you get here. I'm over in Williamson Valley, 2 miles from the Granite Basin trail system which leads right into the Emmanual Pines trails which leads right into the Thumb Butte system and foe the crazy ARCH ride types....right into the heart of the %4= mile Prescott Circle Trail. The possibilities of linking trails together is crazy.

Looking to retire in about 2.5 years first, seems the only reason I stick around here is a job and mortgage, oh and a wife. Next time I'm out that way I must look you up and the first round is on me... :cheers:

The following 2 users would like to thank MoFlow for his or her post:
OldDogDan, Ray Dolor