Post subject: Southern Arizona
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:59 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 6166 thanks
Received: 6399 thanks
Bike(s): mango. pivot. chumba
Favorite Trails: san jaun. arizona trails
I did a poll on where to ride in the Tucson area I surely didn’t do a very good job of that was just trying to enlighten everyone and how beautiful it is in Southern Arizona.
I try not to drive more than four hours so I found a place in the Sonoran Desert Monument it’s a free dispersed camping area off the eight before you get to Casagranda it was beautiful. I woke up had breakfast and drove down to fantasy Island. It was a bit chilly with snow in the hills I’ve talk to people since that said it was snowing that morning in Tucson.
That night I found a place called Snyder Hill it’s out the Ajo highway I’ve been there before. The next morning it was fucking cold so I got up early went and checked out Under canvas Tucson my wife is coming out next week for Valentine’s day she wants somewhere romantic. There’s a dude ranch hooked to this place so it smells like horses and there is a lot of horses there hopefully she won’t use that one.
I headed out for Greenvalley trails. When I got there some guys were working on a bike I was able to fix it for him and they had just come from the Spori trails. I rode with them until they had to go.
So when I finish riding took a quick bath drove down to Tubac and found a place up Hopkins Road on the way up to the Fred Lawrence Whipple Observatory it’s on Mount Wrightson. I will check out sopori tomorrow.
All camping has been free and legal.

The following 8 users would like to thank tfitz for his or her post:
avidtest, Belizean, Big Clyde, Dirtrider, Inconceivable, Ld00d, OldDogDan, Red Hot Sloth
 Post subject: Re: Southern Arizona
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:37 am 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 282 thanks
Received: 490 thanks
Favorite Trails: ???
Hey tfitz, if your wife is looking for something romantic, just spread some rose pedals around the inside of your van!

The following 2 users would like to thank Inconceivable for his or her post:
Ld00d, tfitz