Obsessed

Given: 23231 thanks
Received: 17285 thanks
Bike(s): Yes
Favorite Trails: crooked & winding...
Attachment:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 882.84 KiB | Viewed 5601 times ]

Attempted a soul hike. Its been a while. My hip hurt. A lot. Tried to be One with the pain. Should've taken the bike. Doesn't hurt at all then. Contemplated a view that included the sight and sound of a guy on a moto, riding singletrack around the lake. For a surprisingly long time. Couldn't decide what to think about him. Thumpers suck? But they're all thumpers now. De-Stravatized a short section of trail. The granite felt good in my hands. I put many rocks back where they once were. Futile effort. Probably be gone by next weekend. Limped back. Sighed deeply. Was redeemed by darkness and a sliver of soul in the sky. Sideways perhaps.

The following 6 users would like to thank OldDogDan for his or her post:
avidtest, couchracer, his highness, Ld00d, Ray Dolor, Red Hot Sloth
 Post subject: Re: Sliver of Soul
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:04 am 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 104 thanks
Received: 170 thanks
Bike(s): Fuel 100/Mamasita (in pieces)
Favorite Trails: 50 year - North of Tucson
That a-hole on the motorcycle was not yielding to anyone. Pissed off a bunch of people. Wanted to catch him and politely suggest if he couldn't understand the pictograph clearly marked with the universally accepted "NO" symbol, that maybe he should take a nap in his garage within the bike running WOT.

The following 3 users would like to thank couchracer for his or her post:
his highness, OldDogDan, Ray Dolor
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:48 am 
Carbon Cabrón
Carbon Cabrón

Given: 366 thanks
Received: 764 thanks
Bike(s): Giant Trance
Favorite Trails: Anything with dirt
OldDogDan wrote:
Attachment:
image.jpg

Attempted a soul hike. Its been a while. My hip hurt. A lot. Tried to be One with the pain. Should've taken the bike. Doesn't hurt at all then. Contemplated a view that included the sight and sound of a guy on a moto, riding singletrack around the lake. For a surprisingly long time. Couldn't decide what to think about him. Thumpers suck? But they're all thumpers now. De-Stravatized a short section of trail. The granite felt good in my hands. I put many rocks back where they once were. Futile effort. Probably be gone by next weekend. Limped back. Sighed deeply. Was redeemed by darkness and a sliver of soul in the sky. Sideways perhaps.

Sorry about your hip hurting. I know the feeling all to well.
Glad, the bike doesn't hurt; it's the same with my hip.

I can no longer run, my hip burst 24/7 but riding somehow doesn't hurt it so much.
Until a few hour after I'm done.

Did you have a replacement?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:11 am 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 23231 thanks
Received: 17285 thanks
Bike(s): Yes
Favorite Trails: crooked & winding...
^^ Thanks DWill. No, although I feel the pain in my hip, it's really not the hip joint itself. I crashed and broke my hip joint at the beginning of last year, but it healed just fine. It is actually a nerve problem that pre-dates the hip injury. It is sciatica / piriformis syndrome. I think the best thing for it would be to go back to yoga, which I used to practice. Sorry to hear you have hip problems. Glad we can still ride our bikes though!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:01 pm 
Carbon Cabrón
Carbon Cabrón

Given: 366 thanks
Received: 764 thanks
Bike(s): Giant Trance
Favorite Trails: Anything with dirt
^^^^ hope it get better. Hip pain is a bitch. Most people don't realize how much of a pounding your hips take.

I have a torn labrum in my right hip. Hurts every day all day, I can't run any longer, can't hike at all. Just walking my dog is a bitch.

But fortunately riding doesn't hurt it much and, weirdly, it doesn't hurt much to ski on it.

The surgery to fix it isn't very effective and has a long recovery time. Eventually it'll wear my hip to a point it'll need to be replaced. That surgery is more successful and has a shorter recovery time. So I'm just waiting it out.

Hence my question about your hip.

Anyway, hope you feel better

The following user would like to thank DWill for his or her post:
OldDogDan