Post subject: Pre-Rosenda
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:25 pm 
Bajacabra
Bajacabra

Given: 7412 thanks
Received: 7175 thanks
Bike(s): Turner 5 Spot
Favorite Trails: SART, Thounder Mtn,Sweetwater
ROSENDA= ROSarito to ENsenaDA ride but on dirt!!

There is some planing of a two day 200k ride sometime next year with overnight camping, 100k each day on what we are told will be mostly fireroads and some singletrack in Baja's best kept secret crest and valleys, starting from the beach and riding inland up the mountains to finishing back by the beach.
Today we have a chance to get a taste of it on what they call a Pre-Rosenda ride, starting just south of Rosarito with 44k or about 28 miles that felt like 60 because so much steep climbs, something like this:

Arturo(Turiha ) got thing rolling early this morning but first I met Christian(Kreechan) who was very excited to visit Mexico first time, we rode south on a beautiful day for a long ride.

This is a new event down there and too bad there wasn't that much support from local riders since it was a lot of fun, maybe they knew how hard was going to be or because of another large ride that is very popular and going on next week, anyway we sure have a great time on a very challenging route, did I mention there are some climbs?

Kreechan found out very soon he brought the wrong bike for the ride.

Turiha and another rider on the climb back.

The support staff was very friendly, this is at the turn around point :wink:

And there was some views too.

I don't think I can do this two days ride but since most people where saying how hard today ride was they promised to modify it, we'll see.
I think turiha had the actual stats for the ride, my guess is we climbed somewhere between 4500 to 5000 feet and about 30 miles, it wouldn't had been that bad if it wasn't for those super steep sections, still a great day on the bike.

Last, here is the view almost at the end of the ride before we turned to the finish line.

Good times :bang:

The following 17 users would like to thank bajamtnbkr for his or her post:
badkittyjing, Canaan, Christ D., Dirtrider, eddiex619, evdog, Gman, GP_pilot, jabantik, kreechan, liverbomb88, ocd, Robo, sierragoldens, singletrackmitch, Sultan Ali, tfitz
 Post subject: Re: Pre-Rosenda
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:20 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 257 thanks
Received: 428 thanks
Bike(s): Douglas Fusion, Devinci Django
Favorite Trails: your mom*
otoño 2011... i guess they don't know the exact dates yet? looks like a good time

The following user would like to thank jabantik for his or her post:
bajamtnbkr
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:50 pm 
Bajacabra
Bajacabra

Given: 7412 thanks
Received: 7175 thanks
Bike(s): Turner 5 Spot
Favorite Trails: SART, Thounder Mtn,Sweetwater
jabantik wrote:
otoño 2011... i guess they don't know the exact dates yet? looks like a good time

I'll let you know as soon as I found if you are interested on a 200k with overnight camping, should be a great event.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:58 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 250 thanks
Received: 203 thanks
Bike(s): rocky mtn altitude 50
Favorite Trails: sart,cuyamaca, sweetwater
This was supose to be 64kms. originally but last minute fireroad work shortend the length to only 44kms. :cry:

but soon enough we where so glad they shorten the ride :D

It was one of the most difficult rides I've done, even so the tour de poway century ride ( 100 miles ).

The climbs here where so steep and long, between 15 and 20% grade :shock:

Kreechan started to get ahead of me and another guy from Ensenada, but I could still see them in the distance, soon enough I cought Kreechan on one of those steeeeep climbs ( he brought the wrong bike :? ) I was gone at a faster pace than normal because it was a race and ride, I passed kreecha then started to cath the other guy, finally I cought him and we rode together to the turn around point, at that point we started coming back at a slower pace, found kreecha 15 minutes behind then found baja problably 35 min. behind and told him to keep going. 10kms from the end on the last steeeeep climb out of the canyon a got a very bad cramp on my right thig that brought me to the ground in so much pain :cry: I rested for 3 to 5 minutes and started again to the finish, got there 8 minutes behind the first place guy :oops:

This ride was nothing like I was expecting but still very fun with beutifull scenery with good company.

thank you baja and Christian, hope you had a wonderfull first time in my country :thumbsup:

almost forgot the stats

3795 feet of climb with 3790 of descent with 28.1 miles in 3hours and 35 minutes according to the app on my cel.

The following user would like to thank turiha for his or her post:
bajamtnbkr