Total votes : 10
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:13 pm 
Necromonger
Necromonger

Given: 11836 thanks
Received: 7008 thanks
Bike(s): Push-Bike With Training wheels
Favorite Trails: Dirty Dirty Trails
* for those who chose not to read the earlier post...(you know who you are)
This is for Sunday, August 24th, 2008

9am-9:30am ride time.
The ride itself should take about 2.5-3.5 hours. This way we aren't going to exhaust ourselves. I know we have some guys that make this ride like its a walk in the park, but we also have several riders that have never ridden at elevation, or for an extended period of time. This isn't a race, its a fun ride to allow everyone an opportunity to ride a trail they either have never ridden or rarely have a chance to.
Rules: I know....rules ugh...But these are important.

1. We leave no one behind....

2. When coming to an intersection of trail, make sure if there is a rider behind you they know which way to go before you go through or turn at the intersection.

3. Know when to say something. If your feeling crampy, head-achey, disoriented, hazy, exhausted, overheated etc...say something, make other riders aware of your condition.

4. Bring enough water and nutrition to get you through a longer ride.

Please understand this, my entire life used to be team involved something or other especially when I was in the military. These rules are not meant to make it seem like I'm in charge because I'm not, I just want this to be a fun and safe ride for all, so please respect what I just outlined above.
This isn't an epic ride, and its not a technically challenging ride, but there are a couple good grinds for climbs that are taxing.

The Trail(s):
Pine Mountain Trail to Noble Canyon Trail to Big Laguna Trail to Noble Canyon Trail to Indian Creek Trail to Pine Mountain Trail....

That sure sounds like a big loop, and thats exactly what it is, a loop. A 14 mile loop.
Directions to Trailhead:
I-5 or I-15 South
I-8 East
Left on Sunrise Highway
Approximately 2 miles past Noble Canyon Trailhead is the Pioneer Mail Center on the right side of the road. This is only a parking lot with a bathroom, no other structures.

This will be our staging area.
We will backtrack onto the road (on our bikes) back to the Noble Canyon Trailhead (apprx 2 short miles), at this point we will only be on Noble for a very short bit. We will go left onto the Big Laguna Trail and follow it around the Big Laguna Lake and back to Noble where we will go left onto Noble itself. We will descend a little but soon begin climbing Noble, and then descending Noble until we reach the intersection of the Indian Creek Trail. We will turn right onto Indian Creek Trail, its going to be fun descent to the creek. This is where our climbing begins, its a long grind, but worth it. We will come to another intersection called the Pine Mountain Trail, our climbing is almost over. We will turn right onto Pine Mountain Trail and continue climbing but not as long and easier than the one we just did. We will soon reach our apex and descen the rest of the way to our vehicles at the staging area.
The total elevation gain is somewhere around 2400ft, and total mileage is right around 14 miles or so.

Things to consider bringing with you.
Plenty of water even cytomax or gatorade or accelerade, something with electrolytes. Extra electrolyte (shot blocks, couple packs)
Cliff Bars (a few). Goo (several) Maybe a sandwich or two.
I fill my 100oz camelback, and bring a bottle in my cage. Extra tube. New full patch kit. Mini tool. Tire pump, Tire levers, tire boot, Cell Phone, i.d., insurance card, beef jerky, trail mix, zip ties, extra shirt, clean rag, small first aid kit, toilet paper, ibuprofen, aspirin, benadryl, duck tape, Knife, extra chain links and pins, chain tool.
Man my pack is heavy.
Now, you don't absolutely have to have all this stuff. But I reccommend you bring as much nutrition and liquid as you can carry and will need for several hours.
I carry all this crap most of the time anyways.

You will need a Forest Adventure Pass...$5 for a single day pass at Chicks, Big 5, or at the ranger staion on Sunrise Highway, or $30 for a year pass.
I would like everyones cell phone number before we head out on sunday morning if you don't mind, it will help when we get on the road and getting close to the trailhead for coorination purposes.
Any questions please pm me, theres prolly a bunch-0-stuff I forgot.

RHS

Last edited by Red Hot Sloth on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The following 3 users would like to thank Red Hot Sloth for his or her post:
bajamtnbkr, dirtmonger, Dirty Boo
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:32 pm 
Mrs. RHS
Mrs. RHS

Given: 1279 thanks
Received: 1594 thanks
Bike(s): Santa Cruz Blur / Titus ML1
Favorite Trails: There are so many...
:D I luv this ride - I can't wait! Here are a couple pics from the last ride there!

The scenery is just beautiful!

Attachments:
Pine Tree Scenic View copy2.jpg
Pine Tree Scenic View copy2.jpg [ 182.3 KiB | Viewed 3718 times ]
BLT Lake - Sign copy.jpg
BLT Lake - Sign copy.jpg [ 301.04 KiB | Viewed 3718 times ]

We're not saints, we're not villains. We all make choices and decisions every day that shape our destiny - and in a small way, the world's.

- @HiddenCash

The following 3 users would like to thank Dirty Boo for his or her post:
bajamtnbkr, dirtmonger, Red Hot Sloth
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:26 pm 
Necromonger
Necromonger

By the way...please consider wearing a lighter color jersey/shirt and if your used to wearing a ff helmet, ya might want to put on an xc style lid for this ride.
Theres more I forgot I'm sure.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:30 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 658 thanks
Received: 461 thanks
Red Hot Sloth wrote:
9am-9:30am ride time.
The ride itself should take about 2.5-3.5 hours. This way we aren't going to exhaust ourselves. I know we have some guys that make this ride like its a walk in the park, but we also have several riders that have never ridden at elevation, or for an extended period of time. This isn't a race, its a fun ride to allow everyone an opportunity to ride a trail they either have never ridden or rarely have a chance to.
Rules: I know....rules ugh...But these are important.

1. We leave no one behind....

2. When coming to an intersection of trail, make sure if there is a rider behind you they know which way to go before you go through or turn at the intersection.

3. Know when to say something. If your feeling crampy, head-achey, disoriented, hazy, exhausted, overheated etc...say something, make other riders aware of your condition.

4. Bring enough water and nutrition to get you through a longer ride.

Please understand this, my entire life used to be team involved something or other especially when I was in the military. These rules are not meant to make it seem like I'm in charge because I'm not, I just want this to be a fun and safe ride for all, so please respect what I just outlined above.
This isn't an epic ride, and its not a technically challenging ride, but there are a couple good grinds for climbs that are taxing.

The Trail(s):
Pine Mountain Trail to Noble Canyon Trail to Big Laguna Trail to Noble Canyon Trail to Indian Creek Trail to Pine Mountain Trail....

That sure sounds like a big loop, and thats exactly what it is, a loop. A 14 mile loop.
Directions to Trailhead:
I-5 or I-15 South
I-8 East
Left on Sunrise Highway
Approximately 2 miles past Noble Canyon Trailhead is the Pioneer Mail Center on the right side of the road. This is only a parking lot with a bathroom, no other structures.

This will be our staging area.
We will backtrack onto the road (on our bikes) back to the Noble Canyon Trailhead (apprx 2 short miles), at this point we will only be on Noble for a very short bit. We will go left onto the Big Laguna Trail and follow it around the Big Laguna Lake and back to Noble where we will go left onto Noble itself. We will descend a little but soon begin climbing Noble, and then descending Noble until we reach the intersection of the Indian Creek Trail. We will turn right onto Indian Creek Trail, its going to be fun descent to the creek. This is where our climbing begins, its a long grind, but worth it. We will come to another intersection called the Pine Mountain Trail, our climbing is almost over. We will turn right onto Pine Mountain Trail and continue climbing but not as long and easier than the one we just did. We will soon reach our apex and descen the rest of the way to our vehicles at the staging area.
The total elevation gain is somewhere around 2400ft, and total mileage is right around 14 miles or so.

Things to consider bringing with you.
Plenty of water even cytomax or gatorade or accelerade, something with electrolytes. Extra electrolyte (shot blocks, couple packs)
Cliff Bars (a few). Goo (several) Maybe a sandwich or two.
I fill my 100oz camelback, and bring a bottle in my cage. Extra lube. New full patch kit. Mini tool. Tire pump, Tire levers, tire boot, Cell Phone, i.d., insurance card, beef jerky, trail mix, zip ties, extra shirt, clean rag, small first aid kit, toilet paper, ibuprofen, aspirin, benadryl, duck tape, Knife, extra chain links and pins, chain tool.
Man my pack is heavy.
Now, you don't absolutely have to have all this stuff. But I reccommend you bring as much nutrition and liquid as you can carry and will need for several hours.
I carry all this crap most of the time anyways.

You will need a Forest Adventure Pass...$5 for a single day pass at Chicks, Big 5, or at the ranger staion on Sunrise Highway, or $30 for a year pass.
I would like everyones cell phone number before we head out on sunday morning if you don't mind, it will help when we get on the road and getting close to the trailhead for coorination purposes.
Any questions please pm me, theres prolly a bunch-0-stuff I forgot.

RHS

This place is in Tijuana?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:06 pm 
Necromonger
Necromonger

I guess we just need to start getting a head count...
Please post up if your going to make this ride.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:22 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Red Hot Sloth wrote:

did we decide on a date?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:25 pm 
Necromonger
Necromonger

Yes Sunday....
It says so right here..

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=468&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Pillow Pants wrote:
Red Hot Sloth wrote:

did we decide on a date?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:55 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Red Hot Sloth wrote:
Yes Sunday....
It says so right here..

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=468&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Pillow Pants wrote:
Red Hot Sloth wrote:

did we decide on a date?

thanks. it was a bit confusing since the date and time we're in 2 different posts on 2 different pages.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:29 am 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 407 thanks
Received: 610 thanks
Favorite Trails: 11111
in

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:09 am 
Darth Monger
Darth Monger

Given: 731 thanks
Received: 641 thanks