All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:02 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 12 thanks
Received: 954 thanks
Bike(s): Intense 6.6 / Spider
Favorite Trails: Palm Canyon
Today was the start of nine day trip that will include a few days in the Seattle area. While the weather sucked in San Diego it was downright awesome in Seattle. My orginal plan was to rent a bike today and potentially get in a ride tomorrow. With sunny skies and low 60s for temps, I made some tweaks to my plans and made a dash straight to the place I rented a bike from last time I was here. I was stoked to see that had a new fleet of rentals and I would get to be the first person to break in a nicely built 29er hardtail. I had a few hours of daylight left so there would be no exploring today. I was soon at the Green Mountain trailhead. I have ridden here a few time so I would pretty cool to just enjoy a ride without any route figuring.

After scrambbling around through my luggage to get the bike stuff altogether I was headed off up the trail.

While there some loops and options you can do at Green Mountain I opted to basic out-and-back on the Wildcat Trail up to the top of Green Mountain.

Wildcat is a multi-use trail that also includes motorcycles. While this tends to make the trail a little wider, it also means there are lots of bermed turns that are simply a blast on the return leg coming back down the mountain. And a blast I did have. It was a great day to nearly finish up the day. After the ride, I took my dirty funky self to the hotel where I got some odd looks from some other the folks in the lobby checking in. I'm pretty sure I had a better day than they did.

The following 6 users would like to thank MTBBill for his or her post:
bajamtnbkr, Canaan, Christ D., Dirtrider, evdog, Red Hot Sloth
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:18 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 272 thanks
Received: 362 thanks
Bike(s): Developing a damn quivvvvver!
Favorite Trails: Any with dirt!
Look at all that green stuff around that trail.
What do they call that?