Post subject: Sedona TR
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:18 am 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 0 thanks
Received: 424 thanks
Bike(s): Commencal Super 4.1
Favorite Trails: Black Rock Oregon
Headed out Saturday morning to Sedona. We arrived around 4pm and headed out on the Girdner trail network off 89a to the northwest of Sedona. Fun, technical, rocky descent until we got further north into the main trail network of that area. Mostly blue and green trails that ended up being really sandy. Overall a good intro to Sedona. This was by far the most complicated in finding which way to go as there were many trails not on the MTB project app.

Trailhead

Sunday morning we were rolling at 8am to beat the heat on Hangover trail. One of the hardest technical climbing trails I have ever ridden or rather hiked most. Didn't help to have some amazingly in shape human beings leading our 11 person group. Overall the up was worth the view at the top of hangover and the descent.

After the ride we headed to some pool system about 3 miles north on 179 to rest before we ventured to finding the highline trail in the afternoon. Much easier technical climbing and the descent was pretty epic. Rolling through the slickrock you see in all the videos was awesome. It ended with some gnarly steep rock sections which was the best part of the trip for me. Definitely my favorite trail so far in Sedona.

Monday we wanted to get in a quick ride before heading back to SD. We decided on Broken arrow to Hog heaven to hog wash. Probably the easiest climbing wise of the trip, and a really fun descent. Only clocked in 4.7 miles with an extra mile we did cuz we missed a turn but ended up being able to see the White Line trial. Heavily hiked trail, with jeep 4x4 tours along side some of the trail.

Didn't take too many pics and no video for me. Sedona didn't disappoint this year, as last year ended up being a wash with 6" of snow on the ground. We saw two mountain bikers the whole trip on the trail. I though that was kinda weird. We started out using the MTB project app but then switched to the trailforks app. This app is much better as it doesn't list all the trails when selected only the one you select and also has the profile on the same page.

Total mileage was around 31 miles and some 2700ft (that seems low). Those were some tough miles. We stayed in the Wyndham resort, packing 11 people into a 2 bedroom condo making this trip a whopping $100 bucks per person roughly.

Hope everyone enjoyed their memorial day weekend with family and friends.

Cheers,

N10sive

The following 9 users would like to thank n10sive for his or her post:
ajdonner, avidtest, Belizean, Big Clyde, Canaan, Dirtrider, Kimba, OldDogDan, tfitz
 Post subject: Re: Sedona TR
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:12 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 5013 thanks
Received: 5052 thanks
Bike(s): Carbine
Favorite Trails: The Googliest
You guys rode a lot of quality trails in a short time. Thanks for the TR, brought me back to how fun that place is.

-Big Clyde

The following 2 users would like to thank Kimba for his or her post:
Belizean, tfitz