It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:27 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 229 thanks
Received: 755 thanks
Bike(s): Trek EX8
Favorite Trails: hmmm, hmmm
What is wrong with a bit of advocacy debate?

Last edited by ocd on Mon May 11, 2009 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:31 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 380 thanks
Received: 271 thanks
Bike(s): Jamis Dakar XAM II
Favorite Trails: Slickrock-Moab
Chadster wrote:
You all are much more patient than I. If I want this much drama I'll go pick a fight with my wife.

Ding, ding,ding....We have a winner!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:51 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 223 thanks
Received: 848 thanks
Bike(s): IH 6.6 & Sunday,Giant XTC
Favorite Trails: Any ST with nice flow.
I say we all go Fri. night poaching, I'll bring a cooler full of cold ones & a Turner 5Spot for Bait. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:04 am 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 243 thanks
Received: 788 thanks
Bike(s): Trek 69'er SS
Favorite Trails: Tunnel 9
jSatch wrote:
"Anyone still know Tom Floyd or Craig Bosworth?"

Tom Floyd was the owner of Cantina Bike Shop, and had a seat on the CAC in 1994. He was the only pro-access voice and vote. Tom was assailed and isolated down to a 1/15th vote, with the famous line, "Why do you even come here?" being lobbed at him while I was in the meeting room. He didn't need the crap and bailed out.

Craig Bosworth is a founding member of the MTC, and was our first rep on the CAC. He was Gerst's former target of spite and attacks. Craig decided his family and sports were more rewarding than repeated attacks and the shenanigans at meetings. He bailed out and is happier now.

They were seen by persons, some of whom are still on the CAC, as a threat to the caste systems and bullying-order in Los Pen, and became the primary focus of the entrenched money/social machine until they left. In the last several months, that group has asked SDMBA to help them get rid of one more... you know, to show we can all work together, let's agree to ensure anti-access remain in control of the CAC and then we can decide afterwards whether we reward you with more than some lunch money. Co-opt, not co-op.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:25 am 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 153 thanks
Received: 145 thanks
Bike(s): Niner RIP9 / Heckler
Favorite Trails: They are all better than work
ocd wrote:
What is wrong with a bit of advocacy debate?

The advocacy debate on this forum is fine (I'm reading it after all). It's just the thought of having to deal with these pissant committee members with conflicts of interest makes me want to vomit.

I appreciate those in the MTB community who put up with it, they are better people than I. I take the easier path and simply try to fund their efforts, but even that is a tough because I doubt any of us have as much dough as the PQ old gaurd who want to keep us out.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:28 am 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 153 thanks
Received: 145 thanks
Bike(s): Niner RIP9 / Heckler
Favorite Trails: They are all better than work
luna wrote:
I say we all go Fri. night poaching, I'll bring a cooler full of cold ones & a Turner 5Spot for Bait. :wink:

I'm in!

Not really but it's fun to think about. I get myself worked up every time I drive by on the Ted Williams....

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:17 am 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 70 thanks
Received: 187 thanks
Bike(s): Boulder Defiant/Foes FXR
[quote=EBasil] In the last several months, that group has asked SDMBA to help them get rid of one more... you know, to show we can all work together,[/quote]

Is this the reason SDMBA did not show up to the CAC vote meeting, the reason Maio did not apologize to you until weeks later, when I was informed he had already apologized to you privately, and the reason Mr. Marvin Gerst attended the April SDMBA meeting?

The following user would like to thank Boulder Pilot for his or her post:
ocd
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:38 am 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 119 thanks
Received: 282 thanks
Bike(s): Marin
Favorite Trails: all
If there is a financial interest to run guided horse rides in Penasquitos, the Tunnels would still need to be excluded because... horses and their riders are too tall for the Tunnel trails. Unless of course there are future plans to cut the canopy for easy horse access.
I'm just sayin'.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:30 am 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

EBasil wrote:
jSatch wrote:
"Anyone still know Tom Floyd or Craig Bosworth?"

Tom Floyd was the owner of Cantina Bike Shop, and had a seat on the CAC in 1994. He was the only pro-access voice and vote. Tom was assailed and isolated down to a 1/15th vote, with the famous line, "Why do you even come here?" being lobbed at him while I was in the meeting room. He didn't need the crap and bailed out.

Craig Bosworth is a founding member of the MTC, and was our first rep on the CAC. He was Gerst's former target of spite and attacks. Craig decided his family and sports were more rewarding than repeated attacks and the shenanigans at meetings. He bailed out and is happier now.

They were seen by persons, some of whom are still on the CAC, as a threat to the caste systems and bullying-order in Los Pen, and became the primary focus of the entrenched money/social machine until they left. In the last several months, that group has asked SDMBA to help them get rid of one more... you know, to show we can all work together, let's agree to ensure anti-access remain in control of the CAC and then we can decide afterwards whether we reward you with more than some lunch money. Co-opt, not co-op.

No need to explain how groups worked together to "rid" members or positions to me. The writing was on the wall, clear as can be. You got fucked dude, no doubt about it. If no one else wants to say it, I will.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:31 am 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Chadster wrote:
Not really but it's fun to think about. I get myself worked up every time I drive by on the Ted Williams....

Oh boy, then you and a lot of others are going to be realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy worked up in the near future.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:32 am 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

luna wrote:

Weekday mornings at about 4 am is best.

I've maintained integrity and haven't poached but I can tell you that 4-5:30 am, not a soul around out there except for some deer, some owls and a few other creatures of the night.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:20 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 2093 thanks
Received: 1460 thanks
Bike(s): Sirens: Song and John Henry
Favorite Trails: Cuyamaca
ocd wrote:
I've maintained integrity and haven't poached but I can tell you that 4-5:30 am, not a soul around out there except for some deer, some owls and a few other creatures of the night.

We rode up power lines on Sunday morning and stopped at the top for a breather. It sure was tempting to hang a right and head for the tunnels, but we didn't. But while we were catching our breath, two other riders turned right towards tunnels.

I thought it was funny when I was on the trash cleanup crew at the top of the mesa (at the eucalyptus trees). We saw lots of bikers riding the trails there, and we were in the same group as Ranger Gina. She gently "reminded" a few riders that these trails were closed and they expressed the suitable amount of false surprise and acted like they were heading back down to PQ canyon. Who knows if they didn't make another errant turn before power lines. ;-)

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:51 pm 
Participant
Participant

Given: 34 thanks
Received: 61 thanks
Favorite Trails: My own
Hey Erik,

You have been eluding to a "pact" between the CAC (Gerst) and SDMBA in a number of your posts here and on other forums. Can we cut the crap and will you answer boulder pilots questions. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:12 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

ocd wrote:
Chadster wrote:

Oh boy, then you and a lot of others are going to be realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy worked up in the near future.

I read the comments on TW to suggest there might be something saved up there. Think happy thoughts and use the agency notes as guidance for where the line shouldn't be crossed.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:32 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

fullmoon builder wrote:
Hey Erik,

You have been eluding to a "pact" between the CAC (Gerst) and SDMBA in a number of your posts here and on other forums. Can we cut the crap and will you answer boulder pilots questions. Thank you.

Hey bud,
You're on the Board of SDMBA and so that means you read a private comment I made in regard to SDMBA's active support for persons directly opposed to trail access by the people the organization supposedly serves and who have a right to rely upon you, so I think you should cut the crap.

I reviewed public documents at Park & Rec yesterday: members of the trails community objected to the shenanigans at the CAC in March, back in March. Those persons are presumably members of the MTC and SDMBA, but your organization remains oddly silent.

Will SDMBA exercise the leadership role it promised to after your representative was one of three disqualified from voting (still DQ'd as of today) on a (bogus) basis that also applies to other members of the CAC that were allowed to vote, or is there another reason(s) to endorse the nearly year-long anti SDMBA/MTC/Trails/Environmental Protectionism campaign led by Marvin Gerst? You tell us.

You know that I've been presuming the best intentions on SDMBA's part for months, even when time and time again the trails community has reason to believe otherwise. Do we misunderstand, and is it still the right thing for us all to have pushed so hard to ensure membership and voice for SDMBA? You know I hope the answer is Yes, but the crap you guys are doing behind the scenes just plain sucks.

As for Boulder Pilot's compound question, you and he both know you can get a full and complete discussion from me, anytime you want to share a brew or tow me up Cobblestone with bungies attached to those fancy bicycle things you kids ride these days.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next