All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:29 pm 
Participant
Participant

Given: 13 thanks
Received: 36 thanks
Bike(s): Trek Remedy, Intense 951
Favorite Trails: Mission, LaCosta, Noble
I've heard tales of a guy that prowls the badlands of Ramona on his Iron Horse. An outlaw hunting outlaw (trails), a (trail) bounty hunter, a RENEGADE.

The following 3 users would like to thank heck247 for his or her post:
his highness, Lanceuppercut, OldDogDan
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:58 am 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 222 thanks
Received: 353 thanks
Bike(s): Commencal, Mojo HD
Favorite Trails: Winter Park, CO
Well... I guess it's time to step back out of the trolling ways and stand up for what is right...

I vouch for the 'DIrtCHurner' !!!

If you all could be so lucky to share some trail time with him you would understand. Don't let his 1st post with a bull in the china shop approach fool you. He is in the know- He has more secret trails than you, AND..... That name was earned.

Instead of flaming him- the reality is that many of you owe a heart felt thank you to the man!

Much love 'CHurner' and keep on churnin....

-Ride00
Ryan

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:57 am 
Beer and Bacon Authority
Beer and Bacon Authority

Given: 1359 thanks
Received: 1291 thanks
Bike(s): Giant Trance SX/Giant TCX
Favorite Trails: No say...
ride00 wrote:
Well... I guess it's time to step back out of the trolling ways and stand up for what is right...

I vouch for the 'DIrtCHurner' !!!

If you all could be so lucky to share some trail time with him you would understand. Don't let his 1st post with a bull in the china shop approach fool you. He is in the know- He has more secret trails than you, AND..... That name was earned.

Instead of flaming him- the reality is that many of you owe a heart felt thank you to the man!

Much love 'CHurner' and keep on churnin....

-Ride00
Ryan

Nobody is flaming the guy, Ryan. I did not see a bull in a china shop. What I did see was a wide open thread for anyone to read...No harm done by asking, otherwise.

-any plans to come back to SD to ride, drink, grill and hangout? You know you have a spot in Clairemont! Miss ya' dude!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:04 am 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 222 thanks
Received: 353 thanks
Bike(s): Commencal, Mojo HD
Favorite Trails: Winter Park, CO
Yo Mitch!!

I have some very tentative plans to come visit late summer/early fall- maybe September'ish, but don't tell anyone because it's definitely not set in stone.

Sure would like to set up a San Juan ride and camp, or something similar.

Damn I sure do miss SD! But I've been gettin mine where I can doing a lot of riding in nearby Arkansas everything from IMBA epics to the newly opened 'Railyard Bike Park'. Refer to the Arkansas video on PinkBike for what's the what out there.

Also just added an N+1 to the stable a Rocky Mountain Slayer SS (a dirt jumper w some squish put back)

Anyway... Be cool hope to "share dirt" again soon.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:29 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 127 thanks
Received: 472 thanks
Bike(s): stumpy 29er
Favorite Trails: Blowing Springs
Where are you that your are close to Arkansas? There are some great rides in the Hot Springs, Bentonville area, the Womble Trail is worth driving to. I'd stay out of OK, it is not ok here, there are some good trails around OKC, but the Tulsa trails are hiker and runner packed.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:42 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 0 thanks
Received: 424 thanks
Bike(s): Commencal Super 4.1
Favorite Trails: Black Rock Oregon
Ryan you did not tell me this that you were coming to SD! Hahahaha I'm telling everyone now.

I also vouch for Dirtchurner. He has more build time than Ive been alive probably.

Dirtchurner I would suggest working with Black mountain on black widow. Bankerboy and Rod have a good connection there although everything takes time. That is pry the best place to start building legal DH trails. Maybe start the paper process and we can get building next fall.

Summit opens the end of the month anyways, woohoo!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:44 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 0 thanks
Received: 424 thanks
Bike(s): Commencal Super 4.1
Favorite Trails: Black Rock Oregon
heck247 wrote:
I've heard tales of a guy that prowls the badlands of Ramona on his Iron Horse. An outlaw hunting outlaw (trails), a (trail) bounty hunter, a RENEGADE.

I've heard of this guy. I think he took up running those trails on two feet and not by wheels.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:39 pm 
Beer and Bacon Authority
Beer and Bacon Authority

Given: 1359 thanks
Received: 1291 thanks
Bike(s): Giant Trance SX/Giant TCX
Favorite Trails: No say...
ride00 wrote:
Yo Mitch!!

I have some very tentative plans to come visit late summer/early fall- maybe September'ish, but don't tell anyone because it's definitely not set in stone.

Sure would like to set up a San Juan ride and camp, or something similar.

Damn I sure do miss SD! But I've been gettin mine where I can doing a lot of riding in nearby Arkansas everything from IMBA epics to the newly opened 'Railyard Bike Park'. Refer to the Arkansas video on PinkBike for what's the what out there.

Also just added an N+1 to the stable a Rocky Mountain Slayer SS (a dirt jumper w some squish put back)

Anyway... Be cool hope to "share dirt" again soon.

Ah man...make those plans set in stone cause I'm with Grant to tell everyone. Hell, I will even pitch in on a plane ticket to get Abdullah down here to join in. We must gather the crew and go camp/ride/mayhem. Keep me posted and be cool!

The following user would like to thank singletrackmitch for his or her post:
OldDogDan
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:42 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 10484 thanks
Received: 7541 thanks
Bike(s): Specialized Levo Expert
Favorite Trails: Snipers Point, Doggo DH
DIrtCHurner wrote:
any Status on the creep of the proposed Gravity flow line at blk mountain?:drunk:

DIrtCHurner

I don't think there will be any legal gnarly DH trails built on Blk Mt or anywhere else for that matter that require true DH rigs. In the city/feds eyes, gap jumps and truly gnarly trails will equal lawsuits. That's something the city won't allow.
In putting more than my fair share of build days on Blk Mt I have great respect to those rangers and the willingness to build a DH trail. What is up there now (fresh new trails) and in the approved planned stage did take several years to get to this stage. The rangers did state that they would like to put in some true DH trails and these rangers understand the need for that type of trail. Digging large gap jumps in that hillside wouldn't be any fun and I don't think machinery can even get there. Now a fast flowy berm trail is currently doable and that is the type of trail they have talked about.

I really hate to ride up the fire road or back trails to get to the saddle so I would like to know how you & others would feel about starting at the upper saddle of east Ridge and riding down toward Penasquitos Blvd. You would have to HAB back up there to ride it again and I know that won't be fun. There is a descend trail on the west side (Widowmaker) that could be improved a bit to provide more of a DH feel to it. Anywhere you built it the ride up will suck. Being that all the trails are multi-use, having someone bombing down when hikers are walking up won't end well either. Any true DH run will need to be labeled one way-bikes only. Sounds pretty easy but getting that approved isn't. They even tried to get one trail in the Lagunas approved for one-way and it got shot down.
I'm a old man and probably will never ride a truly gnarly DH trail (I do go to BB though..) but I'll help you dig one. Not a big fan of doing that where it won't be legal since most just get torn down and end up creating more issues when trying to get new ones approved. We all know that most trails that we all enjoy now probably started as "rogue" trails too.

I'm with you on the need for DH trails and I look forward to reading what ideas other people have. Thanks for posting it up :cheers:

Mike

The following 2 users would like to thank Dirtrider for his or her post:
avidtest, OldDogDan