It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDMBA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:50 pm 
Sticker Shock
Sticker Shock

Given: 1635 thanks
Received: 2676 thanks
Bike(s): 5010
Favorite Trails: Unpaved
Actually, I am sick of hearing both sides. The people bashing, and those that come in and defend every word spoken about SDMBA. It is all getting old to me.
I wish everyone would just shut the fuck up and get back to mountain biking.

Just my .02

The following 3 users would like to thank 24v for his or her post:
badkittyjing, OldDogDan, Red Hot Sloth
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:01 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 2093 thanks
Received: 1460 thanks
Bike(s): Sirens: Song and John Henry
Favorite Trails: Cuyamaca
If you don't care about either side, then why are you even reading a thread titled SDMBA inside the Advocacy forum? Turn the channel and find something more to your liking. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:17 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 1505 thanks
Received: 1219 thanks
Favorite Trails: Crestridge
Red Hot Sloth wrote:
*edit, nevermind: Tara, Los, your both at the end of the rope, are you ready to be let go?

Its your kingdom, if there are new rules just post them up and ill be a good little peasant and abide by them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:29 pm 
Beer and Bacon Authority
Beer and Bacon Authority

Given: 1359 thanks
Received: 1291 thanks
Bike(s): Giant Trance SX/Giant TCX
Favorite Trails: No say...
Los wrote:
Red Hot Sloth wrote:
*edit, nevermind: Tara, Los, your both at the end of the rope, are you ready to be let go?

Its your kingdom, if there are new rules just post them up and ill be a good little peasant and abide by them.

It's about time you learned your spot in the lunch line. Now shut up and eat your sammich, bitch!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:31 pm 
Sticker Shock
Sticker Shock

Given: 1635 thanks
Received: 2676 thanks
Bike(s): 5010
Favorite Trails: Unpaved
OhNooo wrote:
If you don't care about either side, then why are you even reading a thread titled SDMBA inside the Advocacy forum? Turn the channel and find something more to your liking. :D

Where did I say I don't care about either side?
And, since when is this thread the only place that this BS is being posted?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:37 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 2267 thanks
Received: 3301 thanks
Bike(s): a sx'y one
Favorite Trails: the one to the taco stand
i enjoy a pissing duel as much as anyone, but if i can add just a small new years resolution, let's stop throwing stones at each other and aim higher.

i think this insanity can be summed up as follows:
the house of montague argues that they are man-limited to accomplish their too many missions against the imperialistic governmental regime.

the house of capulet has some grievances with montague's methodology in approaching aims for a 'common' good and thus finds an obsessing approach grating.

naw,

i'd hate to ruin the most entertaining train wreck i've seen to kick out the old and in with the new**. please continue.

**uhhhh.....it's only the new year i'm talking about. (wink,wink)

The following user would like to thank jSatch for his or her post:
Red Hot Sloth
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:47 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 2093 thanks
Received: 1460 thanks
Bike(s): Sirens: Song and John Henry
Favorite Trails: Cuyamaca
24v wrote:
OhNooo wrote:

Where did I say I don't care about either side?
And, since when is this thread the only place that this BS is being posted?

You said "I'm sick of hearing both sides". That seems to imply a lack of caring.

And yes you are right that this is not the only forum that has this BS. The other active thread with this shit also has SDMBA in the title. It is impossible to mention sdmba here without this crap happening. Hence a different forum was created.

So why am I here? There's multiple channels on my TV and I can switch between them just fine. CNN gives me the news, just like the sdmba forum. And MTV gives me music, videos, titty teases, and lots of drama. Just like DT. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:07 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

24v wrote:
The SDMBA cheerleading is getting a little tired. Just sayin'

this cheerleader is a spawn of the haters. Haters have a right to exist, but passing around the haterade is what makes me shake my pom poms. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:21 pm 
Dick Face
Dick Face

Given: 43 thanks
Received: 159 thanks
Bike(s): ONE WITH WHEELS
Favorite Trails: where is ricky bobby?
Los wrote:
24v wrote:

this cheerleader is a spawn of the haters. Haters have a right to exist, but passing around the haterade is what makes me shake my pom poms. :lol:

Los acts just like his avatar, a retarded monkey. Now go back to the sdmba site where your welcome. :flame:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:41 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 23307 thanks
Received: 17381 thanks
Bike(s): Yes
Favorite Trails: crooked & winding...
Los wrote:
24v wrote:

Los, I don't know you, so I can only go on what you post on the forums. Every once in a while you put up a civil, well-reasoned, well-written post. But most of the time you are hating, baiting, and stirring it up. Maybe you think you are just posting clever replies. But if you really want to support SDMBA, you should take a step back and let the board members talk for SDMBA. I am only saying this because I have supported SDMBA the organization for a long time, and you are nearly single-handedly driving their membership to a new low.

The following 6 users would like to thank OldDogDan for his or her post:
24v, Brian, jSatch, Kimba, raptorz31, Red Hot Sloth
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:09 am 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 1644 thanks
Received: 1322 thanks
Bike(s): Knolly Endo, Canfield Jedi
Favorite Trails: DH Trails
If I need to be let go, then so be it. You have the power. I can't argue with you on that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:07 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

OldDogDan wrote:
But if you really want to support SDMBA, you should take a step back and let the board members talk for SDMBA. I am only saying this because I have supported SDMBA the organization for a long time, and you are nearly single-handedly driving their membership to a new low.

Your opinion is noted regarding my responses and the step back is already in progress. I will no longer be posting any long winded, drawing out the whole picture posts. (had previously made that decision over pm's with management)

Unfortunately due to the bashing that goes on board members dont post, I know some read but they wont get involved in internet arguments (I agree with their decision)
I can tell you that my positives far away any perceived negatives with the work I do as a volunteer. If I have cracked a few eggs in trying to make an omelette so be it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:08 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

raptorz31 wrote:
Los acts just like his avatar, a retarded monkey. Now go back to the sdmba site where your welcome. :flame:

<insert witty response to lap dog here>

:cheers:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 2267 thanks
Received: 3301 thanks
Bike(s): a sx'y one
Favorite Trails: the one to the taco stand
OldDogDan wrote:
Los, I don't know you, so I can only go on what you post on the forums. Every once in a while you put up a civil, well-reasoned, well-written post. But most of the time you are hating, baiting, and stirring it up. Maybe you think you are just posting clever replies. But if you really want to support SDMBA, you should take a step back and let the board members talk for SDMBA. I am only saying this because I have supported SDMBA the organization for a long time, and you are nearly single-handedly driving their membership to a new low.

apparently reason will find no shelter here dan

Los wrote:

unlike dan i have not supported the organization for a long period of time. i stopped my support due to issues right or wrong, but once again threw my money into the ring primarily due to the new pro division.

it is my opinion, and maybe mine only, that we desperately need some sort of organization because we are watching trails getting picked out virtually from under our wheels. 2011 has not been a kind year.

the pro division may expand sdmba's scope, that many, myself included, found limited, almost incestuous. love it or hate it, support it or not, at this point in time it's the only game in town.

i'm sure there are many others than myself now sitting on the sidelines watching and waiting to see how this division will shake out.

so los, i know you're upset because his highness threw your mom out and now she's back living with you, but please, take a deep breath and count to 100 before responding to any post.

The following 2 users would like to thank jSatch for his or her post:
Los, OldDogDan
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:57 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 379 thanks
Received: 982 thanks
Bike(s): Giant Anthem 29er
Favorite Trails: flowy single tracks
jSatch wrote:
it is my opinion, and maybe mine only, that we desperately need some sort of organization because we are watching trails getting picked out virtually from under our wheels. 2011 has not been a kind year.

These trails getting picked out from under our wheels: How many were built with landowner approval, environmental clearance, and proper permitting?

Zero!

Say there's a 100 trails out there, unauthorized but poached daily. Equate that to borrowing $100 out of your neighbor's wallet. It's not yours, you were never given permission to take it but you did anyway and you got used to having it at your disposal.

OK, eventually the neighbor gets wise and says "hey you can't have my $100".

Now suppose some party comes along, and negotiates on your behalf and you get to keep 10% of what never was yours to begin with.

Not bad eh? You got to play with someone's money and not repay it all when he came asking for it back.

I see a lot of folks here saying (in essence) said negotiator is "boning me out of $90".

Those that work for a living and pay taxes should be able to understand the analogy. The rest, well, go ahead flame away.

Now the flip side of this is that if it wasn't for said 100 unauthorized trails, we'd more that likely never be getting to add those 10. The agencies whine about illegal trail building but they refuse to get real about planning logical trails networks that link and provide loops. Those failures (by the agencies) are what fuel illegal trail building.

Backassward logic is not just the exclusive domain of message board whores.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next