All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:22 pm 
deerhucker
deerhucker

Given: 1925 thanks
Received: 2930 thanks
Bike(s): Santa Cruz Blur LTc
Favorite Trails: any dirt with a challenge
Since it is south of me, I admit I know nothing of the board.

What is needed to get nominated for the board and how does the voting take place? Is it a board vote? Are there term limits. Are we dealing with an "old boys" network?

Little by little we are making head way in PQ. Not only did we turn the tide in the PQCAC, Rodster just got himself elected to serve on the PQ community board. Someday we might even be able to ride in the area that we cannot mention.

I am curious what it would take. God, what a wake-up call that would be to the MTRP board if a mugle/impure actually made it to the board.

The following 4 users would like to thank bankerboy for his or her post:
avidtest, Ld00d, OldDogDan, Ray Dolor
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:41 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 70 thanks
Received: 187 thanks
Bike(s): Boulder Defiant/Foes FXR
God cannot help us here. There are "Community Representatives" (Santee, El Cajon, Tierrasanta,etc), "Special Positions" (Ex MTRP Task Force Members, such as disgraced recalled Mayor Dick Murphy).

I recall at least 3 instances over the years where the public asked the CAC to include representatives of the various park users (mtb'ers,hikers,equestrians,rock climbers) seeing how MTRP is a park and that it follows the various park users most likely will have valuable input. No need to explain how that went over.

The MTRP CAC & Foundation are suppose to be separate but there's a lot of inbreeding going on. These folks were/are very smart as to how they set up, as a friend of mine refers to it as "Their own private Idaho".

The following 5 users would like to thank Boulder Pilot for his or her post:
bankerboy, Canaan, Los, OldDogDan, Ray Dolor
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:21 pm 
deerhucker
deerhucker

Given: 1925 thanks
Received: 2930 thanks
Bike(s): Santa Cruz Blur LTc
Favorite Trails: any dirt with a challenge
coup d'etat?

Nice to know they built a committee to serve the greater public.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:28 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 379 thanks
Received: 982 thanks
Bike(s): Giant Anthem 29er
Favorite Trails: flowy single tracks
The MTRP CAC reports to a task force. The website fails to mention who the task force is. Lobby the task force for user representation and don't take no for an answer.

. . . and get users on the represented community planning boards. Those users make the ideal rep from the planning board to sit on the CAC.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.

The following 5 users would like to thank rodster for his or her post:
bankerboy, Dirtrider, Huntrologist, OldDogDan, Ray Dolor
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:41 pm 
Participant
Participant

Given: 20 thanks
Received: 49 thanks
Bike(s): Yeti SB-95a
Favorite Trails: Gooseberry Mesa
rodster wrote:
The website fails to mention who the task force is.

I have to admit I was a bit angered to hear that Dick Murphy serves as part of the CAC committee. So I wanted to find out who sits on the Task Force. Why would they would appoint someone who resigned from public office to another leadership position? I was able to find this also on the MTRP website: http://www.mtrp.org/history.asp?idno=29

Based on this, the MTRP Task Force is made up of members of City Council. So City Council, despite all the negative publicity that surrounds the Honorable Mr. Murphy, decidied he should be invovled in the decision making for the Park. So I'm trying to put this into perspective. Former Mayor Murphy resigns becauase of financial mismanagement. City appoints him to a committee that suggests how park finances should be managed. How does that make sense?

Are we going to find out in a few years that Bob Filner is on the local school board? WTF?

If this isn't the biggest example of cronyism, then I don't know what is. It's not surprising we don't get our voices heard. We aren't part of the 'club.'

The following 2 users would like to thank Huntrologist for his or her post:
OldDogDan, Ray Dolor
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:47 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 304 thanks
Received: 470 thanks
Favorite Trails: Dirt ones
I think I went on a road ride with Murphy when he was mayor. I guess that is not a good sign for trails management...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:14 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 5218 thanks
Received: 1040 thanks
Bike(s): invisible ones
Favorite Trails: Whatever is left...
Huntrologist wrote:
rodster wrote:

I have to admit I was a bit angered to hear that Dick Murphy serves as part of the CAC committee. So I wanted to find out who sits on the Task Force. Why would they would appoint someone who resigned from public office to another leadership position? I was able to find this also on the MTRP website: http://www.mtrp.org/history.asp?idno=29

Based on this, the MTRP Task Force is made up of members of City Council. So City Council, despite all the negative publicity that surrounds the Honorable Mr. Murphy, decidied he should be invovled in the decision making for the Park. So I'm trying to put this into perspective. Former Mayor Murphy resigns becauase of financial mismanagement. City appoints him to a committee that suggests how park finances should be managed. How does that make sense?

Are we going to find out in a few years that Bob Filner is on the local school board? WTF?

If this isn't the biggest example of cronyism, then I don't know what is. It's not surprising we don't get our voices heard. We aren't part of the 'club.'

This ain't right!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:48 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 14906 thanks
Received: 5738 thanks
Bike(s): Marin Rift Zone 3; Budget SS
Favorite Trails: Cuyamaca; Fanita Ranch
Huntrologist wrote:
rodster wrote:

Sadly, Dick Murphy was the voice of reason at nearly all of the CAC meetings I attended.

The following user would like to thank Canaan for his or her post:
Ray Dolor
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:07 am 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 5218 thanks
Received: 1040 thanks
Bike(s): invisible ones
Favorite Trails: Whatever is left...
Canaan wrote:
Huntrologist wrote:
rodster wrote:

Sadly, Dick Murphy was the voice of reason at nearly all of the CAC meetings I attended.

Yikes.