All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:55 am 
deerhucker
deerhucker

Given: 1925 thanks
Received: 2930 thanks
Bike(s): Santa Cruz Blur LTc
Favorite Trails: any dirt with a challenge
Come on, come all. LPCP CAC meeting Thursday, 7:00 pm at the Canyonside Park Adobe. While we are two years too late, come see history made with board elections. Voice your opinions over the DFG clampdown. The park rangers will be there. Be respectful but let them hear the voice of the community. They monitor these boards and know the displeasure. Show up and make an impression.

The following user would like to thank bankerboy for his or her post:
OldDogDan
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:35 am 
Participant
Participant

Given: 41 thanks
Received: 42 thanks
Bike(s): Santa Cruz Nomad
Favorite Trails: Noble, National, ATT, Tunnels
Sounds like a good meeting to go to. Fortunately, I'm heading up to ride Northstar and Downyville on Thursday and won't be able to make it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:44 am 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 10532 thanks
Received: 7547 thanks
Bike(s): Specialized Levo Expert
Favorite Trails: Snipers Point, Doggo DH
IN

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 am 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 243 thanks
Received: 788 thanks
Bike(s): Trek 69'er SS
Favorite Trails: Tunnel 9
Of course, it's always good to make your thoughts and concerns known. Since there aren't any trail-related items on the actual agenda (there is a development-related item the City has submitted), that means your input related to trails would appropriately take place in the "public comment" section of the agenda, designed for just that.

The following user would like to thank EBasil for his or her post:
OldDogDan
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:40 pm 
deerhucker
deerhucker

Garett.McD wrote:
Sounds like a good meeting to go to. Fortunately, I'm heading up to ride Northstar and Downyville on Thursday and won't be able to make it.

Well, guess you miss the cookies! :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:42 am 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 10532 thanks
Received: 7547 thanks
Bike(s): Specialized Levo Expert
Favorite Trails: Snipers Point, Doggo DH
bankerboy wrote:
Garett.McD wrote:

Well, guess you miss the cookies! :D

I didn't see any cookies last night :domo:

Mike

The following 2 users would like to thank Dirtrider for his or her post:
bankerboy, Canaan
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:28 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 2267 thanks
Received: 3301 thanks
Bike(s): a sx'y one
Favorite Trails: the one to the taco stand
a meeting at 7 in the afternoon, don't you guys work?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:53 pm 
deerhucker
deerhucker

At first I was going to say your job's hours suck but then I reconsidered..

You get your mornings free? If so, I am jealous.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:10 pm 
deerhucker
deerhucker

Here is the brief summation of last night.

DMM plan is closer but still a ways away. The long awaited Arch report has been submitted. The city is now working to analyze it, and release it (edited for site protection) to the public. This is anticipated to be done at the end of the year.

The ranger’s hands are tied with the current enforcement. Wildlife officers have the jurisdiction and authority to enforce any and all open lands in CA. That is just what is going on now. Until the DMM plan is complete, they will continue to be there gleefully handing out 400+ tickets. BTW, if you run, it is now a misdemeanor where prior was just trespassing.

There is a meeting in December we need lots of folks to know about and attend. The really short version is the Wildlife departments are meeting to re-evaluate their strategy and (allegedly) listen to public input. I will give dates and locations once I get solid information. This meeting will be critical to attempt to secure that evasive east/west connector we want and need so desperately.

There is a property owned by a church in the north/west section of the DMM that is no longer wanted by them. As a result they are attempting to sell it. The property is directly across from the Intuit buildings on the south side of Tunnel 1. There is a business interested in the property and they want to build office on the same scale as the Intuit building. The entire CAC board agreed that we should pursue annexation of the property. Just think, if we can use that land as mitigation for other affected lands (read tunnels) this would be a huge deal. Even if we can't, do you really want a 7 story office building on the mesa overlooking tunnel 1 and 2? Again, I will see what information I can get about contacts (at work now) and post them up. This is land that must/needs to come under the control of the Preserve and wrestled away from the developers.

Questions? Post them and I will see what I can find out for you. I will post all the details as I get them.

Matt

The following 8 users would like to thank bankerboy for his or her post:
b5driver, Canaan, Dirtrider, J.A.M., jhardeman, jSatch, Ray Dolor, rob240z
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:39 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 357 thanks
Received: 550 thanks
Bike(s): I like bikes
Favorite Trails: Any
Thank you for continuing to fight for MTB access to this area Matt!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:55 pm 
deerhucker
deerhucker

Thanks. Just a very small player trying to keep and achieve access for my kids. :cheers:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:15 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 5 thanks
Received: 296 thanks
Bike(s): SC Nomad
Favorite Trails: east county, Calaveras
Please keep us informed for the December meeting. I wanted to go last night, but my class schedule has to take precedence. Thanks for the re cap.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:11 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 2267 thanks
Received: 3301 thanks
Bike(s): a sx'y one
Favorite Trails: the one to the taco stand
bankerboy wrote:
At first I was going to say your job's hours suck but then I reconsidered..

You get your mornings free? If so, I am jealous.

yup, mornings wide open, until about 9. lovin' it.

...a reason i haven't been able to visit my horsey pards at the ranch house in so long. hopefully they are carrying on in my churlish ways without me.

bankerboy wrote:
Here is the brief summation of last night....
.....Wildlife departments are meeting to re-evaluate their strategy and (allegedly) listen to public input. I will give dates and locations once I get solid information. This meeting will be critical to attempt to secure that evasive east/west connector we want and need so desperately.

There is a property owned by a church in the north/west section of the DMM ... do you really want a 7 story office building on the mesa overlooking tunnel 1 and 2?

brilliant summation bb. thank you.

"wildlife..allegedly listen...e-w connector" that will be very interesting. finally reverse the old gerst vote.

"7 story office building.." kinda shoots the whole holier than thou conservation/preserve concept that they are validating their summonses on with a 7 story building smack in the middle. the south side of t1, won't they get ticketed for going to work? it really seems just too funny.

The following user would like to thank jSatch for his or her post:
Ray Dolor
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:56 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 5022 thanks
Received: 5056 thanks
Bike(s): Carbine
Favorite Trails: The Googliest
bankerboy wrote:
Here is the brief summation of last night.

DMM plan is closer but still a ways away. The long awaited Arch report has been submitted. The city is now working to analyze it, and release it (edited for site protection) to the public. This is anticipated to be done at the end of the year.

The ranger’s hands are tied with the current enforcement. Wildlife officers have the jurisdiction and authority to enforce any and all open lands in CA. That is just what is going on now. Until the DMM plan is complete, they will continue to be there gleefully handing out 400+ tickets. BTW, if you run, it is now a misdemeanor where prior was just trespassing.

There is a meeting in December we need lots of folks to know about and attend. The really short version is the Wildlife departments are meeting to re-evaluate their strategy and (allegedly) listen to public input. I will give dates and locations once I get solid information. This meeting will be critical to attempt to secure that evasive east/west connector we want and need so desperately.

There is a property owned by a church in the north/west section of the DMM that is no longer wanted by them. As a result they are attempting to sell it. The property is directly across from the Intuit buildings on the south side of Tunnel 1. There is a business interested in the property and they want to build office on the same scale as the Intuit building. The entire CAC board agreed that we should pursue annexation of the property. Just think, if we can use that land as mitigation for other affected lands (read tunnels) this would be a huge deal. Even if we can't, do you really want a 7 story office building on the mesa overlooking tunnel 1 and 2? Again, I will see what information I can get about contacts (at work now) and post them up. This is land that must/needs to come under the control of the Preserve and wrestled away from the developers.

Questions? Post them and I will see what I can find out for you. I will post all the details as I get them.

Matt

Thanks Matt, the piece you are referring to is where the cross and small sign facing the Mobil area on Camino del sur were/are?

-Big Clyde

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:05 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 157 thanks
Received: 104 thanks
Bike(s): Turner Burner, Titus ML
Favorite Trails: Those with dirt
Matt and Rod,

Thanks for the representation last night. I was one of the two in the gallery (wish more MTBrs could have attended). Next time.

The following 3 users would like to thank No Bad Rides for his or her post:
bankerboy, Dirtrider, Ray Dolor