All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:12 am 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 407 thanks
Received: 610 thanks
Favorite Trails: 11111
Lets be honest here, the problem is not Democrat/Republican,
Its the growing number of senior citizens shutting down everything to suit their own old interests. Look at the beach. When i was a kid (80's) there were 2 signs at the beach. Now there are 20. The beach is a great indicator of how the trails will fare. Our baby-boomer parents don't care about our rights and lifetsyle, they only care about their precious asses. Thats why they are termed the "me" generation. Get ready to live in one big retirement community! Screwed we are.

Oh and Republicans in CA bitching about taxes is the some of the most hilarious shit on this board. Move to Florida or STFU. This state will never be red, and now SD is bluer than ever so get over it. Your bitching gets tiresome, redundant and predictable.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:06 am 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 14906 thanks
Received: 5738 thanks
Bike(s): Marin Rift Zone 3; Budget SS
Favorite Trails: Cuyamaca; Fanita Ranch
jjthewhale wrote:
Our baby-boomer parents don't care about our rights and lifestyle, they only care about their precious asses. Thats why they are termed the "me" generation.

That's kind of the pot calling the kettle black. The "me generation" label was applied by writers of the generation that came before it -- if anything, this culture is becoming more self-involved and narcissistic with each successive generation.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:50 am 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 2267 thanks
Received: 3301 thanks
Bike(s): a sx'y one
Favorite Trails: the one to the taco stand
jjthewhale wrote:
Lets be honest here, the problem is .. the growing number of senior citizens shutting down everything to suit their own old interests. .. Our baby-boomer parents don't care about our rights and lifestyle, they only care about their precious asses.

Attachment:
hardyboyslawn.jpg
hardyboyslawn.jpg [ 65.84 KiB | Viewed 5106 times ]

damm hippies

The following user would like to thank jSatch for his or her post:
OldDogDan
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:27 am 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 407 thanks
Received: 610 thanks
Favorite Trails: 11111
Canaan wrote:
jjthewhale wrote:
Our baby-boomer parents don't care about our rights and lifestyle, they only care about their precious asses. Thats why they are termed the "me" generation.

That's kind of the pot calling the kettle black. The "me generation" label was applied by writers of the generation that came before it -- if anything, this culture is becoming more self-involved and narcissistic with each successive generation.

or the perception seems as such. Every gen thinks thinks the younger one is less human.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:54 am 
Carbon Cabrón
Carbon Cabrón

Given: 366 thanks
Received: 764 thanks
Bike(s): Giant Trance
Favorite Trails: Anything with dirt
jjthewhale wrote:
Canaan wrote:
jjthewhale wrote:

or the perception seems as such. Every gen thinks thinks the younger one is less human.

I disagree. There is a definable lack of work ethic in younger generations. I see it in some of my employees, and sadly it's noticeable in a lot of the high school athletes I coach.

The thing is as long as we have a president/government that is intent on creating a welfare state it will only get worse, and not only with the younger gen's.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:32 am 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 6219 thanks
Received: 6509 thanks
Bike(s): mango. pivot. chumba
Favorite Trails: san jaun. arizona trails
I disagree. There is a definable lack of work ethic in younger generations. I see it in some of my employees, and sadly it's noticeable in a lot of the high school athletes I coach.

I think I would consider changing up your motivational strategy.

The following 2 users would like to thank tfitz for his or her post:
abzillah, OldDogDan
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:19 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 1848 thanks
Received: 2498 thanks
Favorite Trails: 3
DWill wrote:

The thing is as long as we have a president/government that is intent on creating a welfare state it will only get worse, and not only with the younger gen's.

Bullshit! Just because we don't value what you older gentlemen value doesn't mean we are lazy. I'm tired of this welfare state thing everyone talks about. What kids do you know that are on welfare? What is this welfare state you are talking about? Everyone I know in their 20's are working hard to find a job that pays their bills, and it's a hard time for younger people without much work experience to find a job. Calling kids lazy is bullshit. Fun for many of us doesn't involve gangs, or running around, or trying to buy a car. We live in a modern society and take advantage of the tools available for us to enjoy our life.

The following user would like to thank abzillah for his or her post:
rodster