All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:06 pm 
Beer and Bacon Authority
Beer and Bacon Authority

Given: 1359 thanks
Received: 1291 thanks
Bike(s): Giant Trance SX/Giant TCX
Favorite Trails: No say...
Back on topic? This thread is but a fetus...now back to boobs.

Attachments:
beachboobs.jpg
beachboobs.jpg [ 10.21 KiB | Viewed 10867 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:46 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 14906 thanks
Received: 5738 thanks
Bike(s): Marin Rift Zone 3; Budget SS
Favorite Trails: Cuyamaca; Fanita Ranch
SDMBA = San Diego Man Boobs Association FTW. And I agree with Mitch . . . .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:19 pm 
INDIGENOUS ASSHOLE
INDIGENOUS ASSHOLE

Given: 2661 thanks
Received: 3679 thanks
Bike(s): Nomad mk2, Giant Glory
Favorite Trails: the ones that go down, duh!

and remember...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:17 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 2267 thanks
Received: 3301 thanks
Bike(s): a sx'y one
Favorite Trails: the one to the taco stand
singletrackmitch wrote:
Attachment:
beachboobs.jpg
beachboobs.jpg [ 10.21 KiB | Viewed 10771 times ]

silicon valley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:08 pm 
Beer and Bacon Authority
Beer and Bacon Authority

Given: 1359 thanks
Received: 1291 thanks
Bike(s): Giant Trance SX/Giant TCX
Favorite Trails: No say...
jSatch wrote:
singletrackmitch wrote:
Attachment:
beachboobs.jpg

silicon valley

Valley View

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:18 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

singletrackmitch wrote:
jSatch wrote:
singletrackmitch wrote:
Attachment:
beachboobs.jpg

silicon valley

Valley View

yes, a wonderful view from the summit(s)

thanks for he vacation pic mitch

Last edited by jSatch on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The following user would like to thank jSatch for his or her post:
singletrackmitch
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:31 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 5022 thanks
Received: 5056 thanks
Bike(s): Carbine
Favorite Trails: The Googliest
Need. Tanning. Oil. Here. To. Help.

-Big Clyde

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:16 am 
Participant
Participant

Given: 7 thanks
Received: 48 thanks
Bike(s): Muddy Trails After A Rain
Favorite Trails: A snail-trail
Oh, my bad, did I just bump bump, bump it up?

"We are the BORG, you will be assimilated, resistance is futile"

The following user would like to thank JohnyB for his or her post:
Red Hot Sloth
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:30 am 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 1505 thanks
Received: 1219 thanks
Favorite Trails: Crestridge
Thanks for the bump JohnyB! Those are some quality air bags that Mitch posted!. For petes sake! This thread needs more quality boobs!

Last edited by Los on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:49 am 
Participant
Participant

JohnyB wrote:
It appears an SDMBA member has made a ver well thought out request, lets hope SDMBA goes for it, maybe it will allow them to "capture" more members and allow the San Diego Mountain Bike community to benefit from this request,lets hope.
Please don't shoot me. This idea may trigger a shyt storm...
Here the member poses the request:
campbell wrote:
.....but it shoudn't

Let me preface this with the following.

The idea I'm going to propose is NOT intended to anger, insult, impugn, infuriate, disrespect, malign, make people incredibly defensive, or lash out angrily, attack font selection, or....... violate IRS tax code.

No personal attacks, ether, please.

I'm "hoping" for a calm, measured, intelligent consideration of this idea or some variation of it. Just consideration!

Please resist the temptation to immediately condemn/proclaim the idea as it might still have "life " in some slightly different form.

It's an idea I've used myself as a sales manager and it was amazing productive for me.

And , some of you may have experienced this in business and/or...... maybe marriage counseling! ;)

It's an idea that's not mine nor particularly original.
But, too too rarely used by organizations because they have a natural resistance to change or constructive criticism, as ALL human beings do from time to time.

OK, ready? Daggers put away? Shotguns uncocked? Car bomb makers staying away from my car? ;) I'm kidding, too!!!

Here's the idea(and it ain't rocket science):

SDMBA askes for 360 feedback from within AND without(right use of word?) the SDMBA.

Why:
After my disaster of a post on the Sycamore/MTRP campaign to connect ala what IMBA is doing here:

http://www.imba.com/alert/southern-california-forests

Despite the disastrous reception online, I received a fair number or PMs and letters of support form SDMBA members and non SDMBA members who visit the site and are dissapointed in certain ways. They didn't feel comfortable posting their opinions on the forum for reasons I can understand to some degree.
That's par for the course for any organization and is, again, no provocation to go defcon 4 on me/this.

Stay calm. ;)

In a perfect world, would we not want to know two things:

1. What does our constituency want us to focus on?
2. What our constituency wamnts us to improve on?
3. What our non non-member(future SDMBA member) thinks?

Couldn't be bad info, right?

So, we can't email a Survey monkey poll because we don't email our people as I understand it.
Or, maybe we could??

The three questions to ask.

What are three things SDMBA does well and should contiunue doing? We love this work that SDMBA is doing!

What are three areas where SDMBA could improve it or increase its efforts now and in the future. Please include a CONSTRUCTIVE solution, too.

Finally, general comments on SDMBA, suggestions, rad ideas, etc. Maybe there's a pearl of wisdom that a16 year old will share with us that none of the "adults would ever have thought of.

Post this thread below our forum mission statment and leave it there for 90 days.

Provide a survey template(survey monkey??) that can easily by used by SDMBA.
Make it postable to facebook.

Then, here's the radical part.
Enable and ENCOURAGE outsiders(dirtreaders, downhillers, roadies,racers and chasers, women riders groups, Police Athletic leagues, shop owners, EVERBODY in the cycling world of San Diego to respond/share the survey.
The more data the better.

We, as SDMBA members can spread the word about the survey amongst current non believers or skeptics.
WE have 90 days to convince our skeptical friends that they should take the time to do it

These "outsiders" just night have ideas and feedback that we may not have never considered.
Perhaps we find a few converts. along the way, too!

-Proves that we're "in touch" with the community that rides in the dirt.
-WE learn something. Maybe a few things.

At the end of the 90 day period we compile the results.

And, because we're a transparent, egalitarian, democratically elected organization.......EVERYONE has complete access to the results. Non negotiable.
No secrets, no deletions, no edits. Non negotiable.
Why non negotiable? We all need a clear picture of what the reality is out there.
Scrub any information that would identify a respondent but otherwise show ALL of us the feedback.

Fair request?

Give us the raw feedback to review, consider and perhaps use as catalysts for new ideas , fresh thinking, fresh approaches.

With the next 30-60 days SDMBA anlayzes the data and provides THANKS, clarification where needed, corrected misinformation, celebrates good new ideas, and if appropriate REDIRECT resources to areas where it is clear the SDMBA and the larger dirt riding populations wants/hope for action.

Have at it!

Peace.

Campbell

And here is my reply, just in case it gets edited or deleted by the mods, for posterity sake of course. 8)
I sincerely hope they do accept this request of his, as they can do so much more good than they already are doing, minus the high and mighty attitudes thankyou.
JohnyB wrote:
Good luck, I believe others have suggested similar to SDMBA only to receive basic defensive mechanisms like anger, denial and deflection.
It appears most members feel the same way about SDMBA but are afraid to publicly speak out because of the emminent onslaught of the cyber bashing which ultimately includes the same old tired "well what do you do for the 100s of thousands of mountain bikers, hikers, equestrians or what have you done for multi-use trails advocacy in San Diego!? If you think you can do better join SDMBA and then we'll receive your input". Or something to that effect.

Good luck, I sincerely hope SDMBA, if they receive this input anonymously or not will actually use it and maybe step down off their high horses and realize that the majority of mountain bikers that know about them appreciate the hard work they do but also dont appreciate the elitist attitude or vibe they put off. I know plenty of people who feel the same way but dont want to suffer through the their little social attacks.

Beating a Dead Horse is like Beating a dead Horse

The following user would like to thank JohnyB for his or her post:
Red Hot Sloth
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:54 am 
Participant
Participant

Rod wrote:
I humbly ask that this thread not get added to. Chris and I have been in communication via email and are working on setting up a 1:1 meeting.

With an all volunteer organization, the key to management is to keep your volunteers motivated to continue in their present roles and potentially groom them to accept roles with greater responsibilities and workloads.

As a manager I don’t care to know what we’re doing right. I want to know what we aren’t doing or what we’re doing badly in the eyes of the constituency. What I do not want to happen in the course of compiling that information is for the volunteer corps to feel criticized as it is a huge demotivating factor.

We just gave away over $7000 worth of swag at our volunteer appreciation party. Our volunteers work hard and it’s important to me that they get some token of appreciation. “Here’s a prize and oh by the way you need to do a better job”. Something tells the one doesn’t make up for the other regardless how big the gift.

The intent of the proposal Chris has made is valid and needed but if the cure kills the patient . . . well you get my drift (I hope). If SDMBA were to lose 25% of its volunteer labor via a marketing survey whose purpose is to strengthen the association it’s a huge failure for the organization and for the constituency.

One option is to hire an independent marketing company. There is money (depletion of funds) associated with that and it would need to be carefully weighed on a cost vs benefit basis.

Within SDMBA we know of areas that need improvement and are actively working to address things such as the stale website (a personal pet peeve of mine). If the marketing survey results were the same list we’ve compiled within the organization I’d have a gastric incident of epic proportions.

To recap, please don’t pour any further fuel on this fire. Let Chris and I meet and work together to craft a survey that provides great value without any negativity.

Thanks

A step in the right direction, thanks.

The following 2 users would like to thank JohnyB for his or her post:
Canaan, OldDogDan
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:17 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 202 thanks
Received: 253 thanks
Bike(s): Scott DH sled
Favorite Trails: Pachea,Idy, ATT
I was looking for some non sense Im happy I found it here!

The following user would like to thank Mpmffitz for his or her post:
abzillah
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:58 am 
Participant
Participant

Given: 2 thanks
Received: 12 thanks
Bike(s): 29 inches
Favorite Trails: Secret
JohnyB wrote:
It appears an SDMBA member has made a ver well thought out request, lets hope SDMBA goes for it, maybe it will allow them to "capture" more members and allow the San Diego Mountain Bike community to benefit from this request,lets hope.
Here the member poses the request:
campbell wrote:
.....but it shoudn't

Let me preface this with the following.

The idea I'm going to propose is NOT intended to anger, insult, impugn, infuriate, disrespect, malign, make people incredibly defensive, or lash out angrily, attack font selection, or....... violate IRS tax code.

No personal attacks, ether, please.

I'm "hoping" for a calm, measured, intelligent consideration of this idea or some variation of it. Just consideration!

Please resist the temptation to immediately condemn/proclaim the idea as it might still have "life " in some slightly different form.

It's an idea I've used myself as a sales manager and it was amazing productive for me.

And , some of you may have experienced this in business and/or...... maybe marriage counseling! ;)

It's an idea that's not mine nor particularly original.
But, too too rarely used by organizations because they have a natural resistance to change or constructive criticism, as ALL human beings do from time to time.

OK, ready? Daggers put away? Shotguns uncocked? Car bomb makers staying away from my car? ;) I'm kidding, too!!!

Here's the idea(and it ain't rocket science):

SDMBA askes for 360 feedback from within AND without(right use of word?) the SDMBA.

Why:
After my disaster of a post on the Sycamore/MTRP campaign to connect ala what IMBA is doing here:

http://www.imba.com/alert/southern-california-forests

Despite the disastrous reception online, I received a fair number or PMs and letters of support form SDMBA members and non SDMBA members who visit the site and are dissapointed in certain ways. They didn't feel comfortable posting their opinions on the forum for reasons I can understand to some degree.
That's par for the course for any organization and is, again, no provocation to go defcon 4 on me/this.

Stay calm. ;)

In a perfect world, would we not want to know two things:

1. What does our constituency want us to focus on?
2. What our constituency wamnts us to improve on?
3. What our non non-member(future SDMBA member) thinks?

Couldn't be bad info, right?

So, we can't email a Survey monkey poll because we don't email our people as I understand it.
Or, maybe we could??

The three questions to ask.

What are three things SDMBA does well and should contiunue doing? We love this work that SDMBA is doing!

What are three areas where SDMBA could improve it or increase its efforts now and in the future. Please include a CONSTRUCTIVE solution, too.

Finally, general comments on SDMBA, suggestions, rad ideas, etc. Maybe there's a pearl of wisdom that a16 year old will share with us that none of the "adults would ever have thought of.

Post this thread below our forum mission statment and leave it there for 90 days.

Provide a survey template(survey monkey??) that can easily by used by SDMBA.
Make it postable to facebook.

Then, here's the radical part.
Enable and ENCOURAGE outsiders(dirtreaders, downhillers, roadies,racers and chasers, women riders groups, Police Athletic leagues, shop owners, EVERBODY in the cycling world of San Diego to respond/share the survey.
The more data the better.

We, as SDMBA members can spread the word about the survey amongst current non believers or skeptics.
WE have 90 days to convince our skeptical friends that they should take the time to do it

These "outsiders" just night have ideas and feedback that we may not have never considered.
Perhaps we find a few converts. along the way, too!

-Proves that we're "in touch" with the community that rides in the dirt.
-WE learn something. Maybe a few things.

At the end of the 90 day period we compile the results.

And, because we're a transparent, egalitarian, democratically elected organization.......EVERYONE has complete access to the results. Non negotiable.
No secrets, no deletions, no edits. Non negotiable.
Why non negotiable? We all need a clear picture of what the reality is out there.
Scrub any information that would identify a respondent but otherwise show ALL of us the feedback.

Fair request?

Give us the raw feedback to review, consider and perhaps use as catalysts for new ideas , fresh thinking, fresh approaches.

With the next 30-60 days SDMBA anlayzes the data and provides THANKS, clarification where needed, corrected misinformation, celebrates good new ideas, and if appropriate REDIRECT resources to areas where it is clear the SDMBA and the larger dirt riding populations wants/hope for action.

Have at it!

Peace.

Campbell

And here is my reply, just in case it gets edited or deleted by the mods, for posterity sake of course. 8)
I sincerely hope they do accept this request of his, as they can do so much more good than they already are doing, minus the high and mighty attitudes thankyou.
JohnyB wrote:
Good luck, I believe others have suggested similar to SDMBA only to receive basic defensive mechanisms like anger, denial and deflection.
It appears most members feel the same way about SDMBA but are afraid to publicly speak out because of the emminent onslaught of the cyber bashing which ultimately includes the same old tired "well what do you do for the 100s of thousands of mountain bikers, hikers, equestrians or what have you done for multi-use trails advocacy in San Diego!? If you think you can do better join SDMBA and then we'll receive your input". Or something to that effect.

Good luck, I sincerely hope SDMBA, if they receive this input anonymously or not will actually use it and maybe step down off their high horses and realize that the majority of mountain bikers that know about them appreciate the hard work they do but also dont appreciate the elitist attitude or vibe they put off. I know plenty of people who feel the same way but dont want to suffer through the their little social attacks.

I hope things change for the better, then.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:07 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

trolling.

to say it could create a shyte storm, but shouldn't, and not to make any personal accusations, but then make them, and not seem to be able to show up, is all amusing, at best, but certainly trolling to create that shyte storm. well done, congrats.

i must say, it was amusing for a time watching the volleys, but come on, as Mpmffitz said, this is just nonsense. but redundant nonsense gets lame fast.

because of all the barriers we face in sd, just ride/build it until you lose it and then move on or poach it. or go cry to your mommy.