It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDMBA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:45 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 23374 thanks
Received: 17549 thanks
Bike(s): Yes
Favorite Trails: crooked & winding...
Socal Jack,

Just to be clear, Erik T and ErikMM are two different people.

Dan

The following user would like to thank OldDogDan for his or her post:
Los
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:06 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 1505 thanks
Received: 1219 thanks
Favorite Trails: Crestridge
EMFC wrote:
I wondered where some folks went.

Wanted to seperate the advocacy and trailwork drama since there are some that dont want to hear about it, Being respectful of the DT community and taking it elsewhere. (thats worked out well right?)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:35 pm 
Participant
Participant

Given: 7 thanks
Received: 48 thanks
Bike(s): Muddy Trails After A Rain
Favorite Trails: A snail-trail
Los wrote:
EMFC wrote:

Wanted to seperate the advocacy and trailwork drama since there are some that dont want to hear about it, Being respectful of the DT community and taking it elsewhere. (thats worked out well right?)

So instead of allowing open discussion of the dismay with SDMBA on the SDMBA forum (it'll get censored there). You keep drama to a minimum on the SDMBA forum by getting your drama on here at this forum.

"We are the BORG, you will be assimilated, resistance is futile"

The following 4 users would like to thank JohnyB for his or her post:
jSatch, Kimba, Red Hot Sloth, singletrackmitch
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:03 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 2267 thanks
Received: 3301 thanks
Bike(s): a sx'y one
Favorite Trails: the one to the taco stand
JohnyB wrote:
Los wrote:
EMFC wrote:

So instead of allowing open discussion of the dismay with SDMBA on the SDMBA forum (it'll get censored there). You keep drama to a minimum on the SDMBA forum by getting your drama on here at this forum.

ha, ha.

yeah, i think it's called slumming.

The following 2 users would like to thank jSatch for his or her post:
JohnyB, Red Hot Sloth
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:32 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 1505 thanks
Received: 1219 thanks
Favorite Trails: Crestridge
JohnyB wrote:

open discussion is welcome there cause thats what forums are for anyone is welcome to come and discuss trail issues while being civil. Civil doesnt happen here on DT because it always turns into F SDMBA because my neighbors cousins dog who read on the internet said their the ones who got something wrong. Heres a few examples of open discussion regarding a current trail issue (calavera)

http://www.sdmba.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=413
http://www.sdmba.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=184

If I were over there talking smack and running my mouth for no reason I would be censored as well. I am here "openly discussing " and get sarcasm and bits of hostility, am I not allowed to fire back? No one ever responds to my simple questions such as this one so lets see if your game.

Question to you is do you think I am the agressor in a majority of these drama threads and when fired at am I not allowed to fire back? I realize there is a high road I could take and I attempt it on most occasions but you know what? Im not good at going uphilll AKA "the high road" and I slum it with the others. I have a purpose and belief when my lip flaps while others here clearly state they are here to stir the pot and instigate drama.

While I participate in drama threads here, I have said many times why I flap my lip, and its in defense of my friends and the organization that I volunteer in. Do you see me starting shit? I know I get sarcastic and can be a smartass but I do that in response to how I am spoken to, do I not? I know I talk way to F'n much and have taken it down a notch, but do I not have the right to defend something I believe in? One of these days I will throw in the towel and zip it, till that day comes I am going to push back when Im shoved. Honest opinion from you, have I done anymore than that and do you think I cross that line constantly?

:cheers:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:01 am 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 1644 thanks
Received: 1322 thanks
Bike(s): Knolly Endo, Canfield Jedi
Favorite Trails: DH Trails
You do get censored over there! Those bastards changed some of the bad words into cutesy ones!!! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:50 pm 
Participant
Participant

badkittyjing wrote:
You do get censored over there! Those bastards changed some of the bad words into cutesy ones!!! ;)

Is the word bastard on the sdmba site turned into a cutesy word? If so, dont you feel like a hypocrite?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:09 pm 
Participant
Participant

SDMBA wouldnt need to "market" or any of that other nonsense you talk about if they and you just did a few things to change or improve.
1. Proper communication: Better notification of trail days, meaning more than a weeks notice, on all sites possible.
1a. Dont be so long winded in your responces. It shows great lack of self-discipline and borders on narcisism with your page long rants, this is a key ingrediant to proper communication.
2. Stop making mountains out of molehills when someone asks questions or gives out facts about SDMBA.
3. Make more realistic goals. Work with the cities that will work with you.

Theres more, but I said I would only mention a few things. If I were to say anymore at this time it would by default be considered several things.

Also, just an observation, if "poison" is whats being spread here about SDMBA, and you being an SDMBA professional rider, why would you frequent a place so venomous?
Its obvious there are a lot of people on this site that SDMBA has lost the favor of and your longwinded, undisciplined responces are falling on deaf eyes and ears.

The following 3 users would like to thank JohnyB for his or her post:
24v, raptorz31, Red Hot Sloth
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:56 am 
Sticker Shock
Sticker Shock

Given: 1635 thanks
Received: 2676 thanks
Bike(s): 5010
Favorite Trails: Unpaved
The SDMBA cheerleading is getting a little tired. Just sayin'

The following user would like to thank 24v for his or her post:
Red Hot Sloth
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:07 am 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 1644 thanks
Received: 1322 thanks
Bike(s): Knolly Endo, Canfield Jedi
Favorite Trails: DH Trails
JohnyB wrote:
SDMBA wouldnt need to "market" or any of that other nonsense you talk about if they and you just did a few things to change or improve.
1. Proper communication: Better notification of trail days, meaning more than a weeks notice, on all sites possible.
1a. Dont be so long winded in your responces. It shows great lack of self-discipline and borders on narcisism with your page long rants, this is a key ingrediant to proper communication.
2. Stop making mountains out of molehills when someone asks questions or gives out facts about SDMBA.
3. Make more realistic goals. Work with the cities that will work with you.

Theres more, but I said I would only mention a few things. If I were to say anymore at this time it would by default be considered several things.

Also, just an observation, if "poison" is whats being spread here about SDMBA, and you being an SDMBA professional rider, why would you frequent a place so venomous?
Its obvious there are a lot of people on this site that SDMBA has lost the favor of and your longwinded, undisciplined responces are falling on deaf eyes and ears.

I don't feel like a hypocrite because only certain bad words were changed into cutesy ones. It's just for fun.

Proper communication is a part of marketing and is something that has been conceded is an issue and there are people trying to fix it.

If I have a lack of self-discipline and am a narcissist, in your opinion, then oh well. I'm not a communications or English major. I have long winded responses because I have a lot to say apparently.

I'm not making mountains out of molehills. Just simply trying to answer the questions and address the issues that people bring up to the best of my knowledge.

Realistically, SDMBA is working with the land managers that will work in favor of mountain bikers. But apparently that's not enough for riders. Riders want Calavera access back, they want Sycamore access back, they want Tunnels access back. So they're also plugging away on those things as well.

I post here because... why let the poison spread? If it fell on blind eyes and deaf ears, then so be it. But I don't believe that, so I'll continue to post until I'm banned.

Your criticisms and suggestions have been noted, so thanks for participating.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:48 am 
Necromonger
Necromonger

Given: 11836 thanks
Received: 7008 thanks
Bike(s): Push-Bike With Training wheels
Favorite Trails: Dirty Dirty Trails
*edit, nevermind: Tara, Los, your both at the end of the rope, are you ready to be let go?

The following user would like to thank Red Hot Sloth for his or her post:
raptorz31
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:21 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 131 thanks
Received: 392 thanks
Bike(s): K2 Zed 4.0
Favorite Trails: San Juan, Caleveras, Nobel
badkittyjing wrote:
JohnyB wrote:
I post here because... why let the poison spread?

+1.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:49 pm 
Sticker Shock
Sticker Shock

Given: 1635 thanks
Received: 2676 thanks
Bike(s): 5010
Favorite Trails: Unpaved
Image of SDMBA before Tara and Los....

Image of SDMBA after Tara and Los

The following 2 users would like to thank 24v for his or her post:
raptorz31, Red Hot Sloth
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:16 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 379 thanks
Received: 982 thanks
Bike(s): Giant Anthem 29er
Favorite Trails: flowy single tracks
Red Hot Sloth wrote:
*edit, nevermind: Tara, Los, your both at the end of the rope, are you ready to be let go?

WTF??????

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:10 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 2093 thanks
Received: 1460 thanks
Bike(s): Sirens: Song and John Henry
Favorite Trails: Cuyamaca
It seems to be perfectly fine to mention sdmba here on DT, as long as it bashes sdmba or accuses members of hypocrisy. You will even get rewarded by thanks from the moderator.

But when sdmba members answer questions raised on this forum (even in a thread titled "SDMBA"!), they are called cheerleaders and told by the moderator that they are "at the end of their rope".

Does anyone still wonder why sdmba started their own forum outside of DT?

The following 2 users would like to thank OhNooo for his or her post:
badkittyjing, Los
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next