Post subject: Road Ride Tomorrow?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:15 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 168 thanks
Received: 790 thanks
Bike(s): Intense TracerVP / Javlin Road
Favorite Trails: Left Fork Bunker Creek
I going to get some road miles tomorrow, like 50 or so (maybe more). Starting in the Poway Scripps, R.B., Saber Springs or even 4S area where ever is easy, planing on riding to, and along the cool Pacfic Ocean. I'd Like to start about 8:00 but thats flexable also. Tour De Poway is comming up, train some now, and do the full Century, not the wimpy Metric Century. This is America Damn It! We don't do metric!

--Desmond Tutu

Post subject: Re: Road Ride Tomorrow?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:24 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 257 thanks
Received: 428 thanks
Bike(s): Douglas Fusion, Devinci Django
Favorite Trails: your mom*
me and a bikeforums friend are gonna do the poway century route starting from cafe elysa in cbad tomorrow at 8. i'm unclear if he means to start from cbad or if he wants to drive to poway and get an early start on poway grade (he has expressed interest in both, but confirmed neither; i'm just gonna show up in cbad), but if anyone is interested, i can find out.

mongooseboy wrote:
I going to get some road miles tomorrow, like 50 or so (maybe more). Starting in the Poway Scripps, R.B., Saber Springs or even 4S area where ever is easy, planing on riding to, and along the cool Pacfic Ocean. I'd Like to start about 8:00 but thats flexable also. Tour De Poway is comming up, train some now, and do the full Century, not the wimpy Metric Century. This is America Damn It! We don't do metric!

someday our country might catch up with the rest of the world and adopt sensible units of mass and length.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:08 pm 
Participant
Participant

Given: 0 thanks
Received: 16 thanks
Bike(s): epic
Favorite Trails: woods canyon
Doing a ride tommorow 7am starting at Del Sur, peets parking lot. 70mile trk ride, poway century training ride. anyone is welcomed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:31 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

[quote="jabantik"]me and a bikeforums friend are gonna do the poway century route starting from cafe elysa in cbad tomorrow at 8. i'm unclear if he means to start from cbad or if he wants to drive to poway and get an early start on poway grade (he has expressed interest in both, but confirmed neither; i'm just gonna show up in cbad), but if anyone is interested, i can find out.

If you are heading out to Poway to start I am very interested, I live about 1 1/2 mi. from the start of the TDP. Let me know.

--Desmond Tutu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:33 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

jnova wrote:
Doing a ride tommorow 7am starting at Del Sur, peets parking lot. 70mile trk ride, poway century training ride. anyone is welcomed

Where is peets? Is that the On The Run Station, by the back door of tunnels?

--Desmond Tutu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:25 pm 
Participant
Participant

Given: 0 thanks
Received: 16 thanks
Bike(s): epic
Favorite Trails: woods canyon
Peets coffee is @ the 56 Del sur Exit in the north side shopping center. other side of 56 from tunnels. Ride has three different groups. sign in and map guides are given out at site. free to everyone. They meet evey Saturday 7am. either at peets del sur 56 fwy parking lot or mira costa parking lot 5 and Manchester. The ride is for the poway century training and increases by 5 mi every week . We are doing 70 mi this week. Good group fo riders with strong support. I had two flats last week through fallbrook. Good to have suppport during a long ride

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:52 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

jnova wrote:
Peets coffee is @ the 56 Del sur Exit in the north side shopping center. other side of 56 from tunnels. Ride has three different groups. sign in and map guides are given out at site. free to everyone. They meet evey Saturday 7am. either at peets del sur 56 fwy parking lot or mira costa parking lot 5 and Manchester. The ride is for the poway century training and increases by 5 mi every week . We are doing 70 mi this week. Good group fo riders with strong support. I had two flats last week through fallbrook. Good to have suppport during a long ride

If I can get up; I may show up for this one. Sorry I wasn't hip to Peets, I don't drink coffee. Maybe at 7:00am on a Sat. morning I might. Do you know the route? I would like to ride from my house, but I would have to leave too early. Maybe I could meet up on the route.

Just for info: tomorrow, Mira Mesa Cycle Club is doing a century from Mira Mesa, up through Bonsal to Rainbow and back through Valley Center, they are all pretty cool guys, their pace will be pretty quick.
And I think its the SD Wheelmen are doing a Coastal Century from Mission Bay to San Clemente and back tomorrow. I don't know what kind of pace they set.

--Desmond Tutu