Post subject: Re: go flandis!
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:43 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 14906 thanks
Received: 5738 thanks
Bike(s): Marin Rift Zone 3; Budget SS
Favorite Trails: Cuyamaca; Fanita Ranch
I wouldn't read too much into the specific manner in which Armstrong denied Landis's accusations. Assuming Armstrong did dope, I doubt if he'd have much compunction about telling a flat-out lie to contradict Landis, versus questioning Landis's credibility and remaining nominally truthful.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:23 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 1419 thanks
Received: 1475 thanks
Bike(s): Intense 951, SC Roadster
Favorite Trails: The ones with dirt on them!
EMFC wrote:
Ouch! bad day indeed

Attachment:
oly_a_armstrong1x_300.jpg

http://www.examiner.com/x-19632-Salt-La ... rnia-photo

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:25 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 5022 thanks
Received: 5056 thanks
Bike(s): Carbine
Favorite Trails: The Googliest
EMFC wrote:
My copy of Positivly False just found a new home......the trash can.

What was he thinking given his book, his case, ect?

The worst feeling is being made a fool by a fool; I defended him, my wife bought his book and I read it, and I believed in him, for a while.

I keep flashing back to his violent outburst on media after he won the miracle stage at the 06 tour. Why didn't I just judge it for what it seemed to show rather plainly then - albeit this impression is obviously now in perfectly clear hindsight given his recent admission - roid rage! I guess I wanted to pull for the local guy.

I can only understand this, as the press releases report, that he feels so guilty he needs to have the truth set him free. I really wish Floyd the best. I still root for the guy for some reason.

However, being a rat is not required for having the truth set you free.

-Big Clyde

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:55 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 168 thanks
Received: 306 thanks
Bike(s): Gary Fisher Tassajara
jabantik wrote:
i think what he says now is true, or at least much truer than his past claims of innocence. it seems like he has nothing except enemies to gain by admitting this, and this is probably costing him any remaining friendships in the pro ranks. i think it takes some balls to crap in the punchbowl and name pretty much everyone on his usps and phonak teams. and that pretty much names a lot of people still connected with the radio shack, garmin, and sky teams

I think this is a good perspective on why.
http://www.cycle-smart.com/blog/2010/05 ... -boy-floyd

He admits it now because up until this point, he was trying to get back to the races in Europe. Landis knows now that he'll never make it back to Europe, so he's got nothing to lose, and everyone who he knew at the ProTour level dumped him. At the big time, ProTour level, Landis only has enemies.

He claims to have training logs going back years with the details of his program. Let's see if he produces them.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:43 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 5218 thanks
Received: 1040 thanks
Bike(s): invisible ones
Favorite Trails: Whatever is left...
EMFC wrote:
Ouch! bad day indeed

Attachment:
oly_a_armstrong1x_300.jpg

That looks like a Con-Cussion right there.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:24 am 
Man of Liesure
Man of Liesure

Given: 4069 thanks
Received: 1942 thanks
Bike(s): Stumpjumper 29er
Favorite Trails: Calavera,Chaa Creek Bze
Don't be surprised if Landis is found dead in an alley/ hotel room somewhere. The dude is messing with some powerful folks who actually donated money for his defense a few years ago. It must have hurt really bad when he couldn't ride in this Ca tour. Was Lance sooo good that he could kick everyones ass even when they were doping; Pantani, Ulrich, Basso, the list goes on. hmmm

The following user would like to thank Belizean for his or her post:
Canaan
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:03 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 257 thanks
Received: 428 thanks
Bike(s): Douglas Fusion, Devinci Django
Favorite Trails: your mom*
Belizean wrote:
Don't be surprised if Landis is found dead in an alley/ hotel room somewhere. The dude is messing with some powerful folks who actually donated money for his defense a few years ago. It must have hurt really bad when he couldn't ride in this Ca tour. Was Lance sooo good that he could kick everyones ass even when they were doping; Pantani, Ulrich, Basso, the list goes on. hmmm

"they" could whack flandis, but it seems like he has little left to lose, little to gain, and has already done the damage. "they" could whack people who might corroborate his testimony, but there are so many that it would be a huge pile of bodies. and if there is an fda/usada investigation (including the chief balco prosecutor), would it be prudent to whack or lean on anyone? i wonder who will be among the first to squeal? dave z? levi? george? allen lim? can the fda/usada investigate non-americans such as michael barry?

roid landis dropped a big motherfucker of a bomb. shit is flying everywhere and people are getting stained. i wish i had more popcorn. more drama for your mama

The following user would like to thank jabantik for his or her post:
Canaan
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:38 am 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 14906 thanks
Received: 5738 thanks
Bike(s): Marin Rift Zone 3; Budget SS
Favorite Trails: Cuyamaca; Fanita Ranch
Armstrong responding to reports of a federal investigation of possible fraud and doping charges against him and former associates:

“Like I said, as long as we have a legitimate and credible and fair investigation, we’ll be happy to cooperate, but I’m not going to participate in any kind of witch hunt,” the seven-time Tour de France winner and cancer survivor said. “I’ve done too many good things for too many people.”

Ummm . . . try not cooperating with a federal investigation and let me know how that goes for you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:18 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 5022 thanks
Received: 5056 thanks
Bike(s): Carbine
Favorite Trails: The Googliest
Canaan wrote:
Armstrong responding to reports of a federal investigation of possible fraud and doping charges against him and former associates:

“Like I said, as long as we have a legitimate and credible and fair investigation, we’ll be happy to cooperate, but I’m not going to participate in any kind of witch hunt,” the seven-time Tour de France winner and cancer survivor said. “I’ve done too many good things for too many people.”

Ummm . . . try not cooperating with a federal investigation and let me know how that goes for you.

This is gonna get interesting. I read that all the former Posties and Discovery riders on Garmin have been ordered by Vaughters to cooperate in the investigation.

-Big Clyde

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:44 pm 
DT Martyr
DT Martyr

Given: 344 thanks
Received: 194 thanks
Bike(s): It's blue.
Favorite Trails: The ones with dirt.
Canaan wrote:

Allow me to translate:

“Like I said, as long as I have no chance of getting caught, I’ll be happy to cooperate, but I’m not going to participate in an actual investigation,” the seven-time Tour de France winner and cancer survivor said. “I have too many good sponsorships from too many companies."

The following user would like to thank katonk for his or her post:
Canaan