All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:46 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 168 thanks
Received: 790 thanks
Bike(s): Intense TracerVP / Javlin Road
Favorite Trails: Left Fork Bunker Creek
I have been riding the poop out of my road bike this past week, I have about 150Mi. so far this week and I would like to see if I can log 200 for the week. I have a subscription to Geoladders and if I can log a 50 miler tomorrow I should finish the week in the top ten (maybe top 5). Wouldn't you know the top 4 or 5 guys on the road bike page, are all in my age group, and banging out big mileage like, every day. So I don't ever see me winning a week but it would be cool for me to get one of those little medals next to my name. So that's the deal, I would like to do around a 50 miler. I have a couple of loops around here Poway, 4s, Carmel Valley, Scripps areas. My parents are in El Cajon, I could drop off the children and head for the Great Western. I could hook up on the road or meet some place, ride the whole thing together or jump in along the way, whatever. I can start later in the morning or any time in the afternoon. I don't expect a much response but, I'm still going. I worked pretty hard this week, and I would like that top 5 for the week.

--Desmond Tutu

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:09 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 1505 thanks
Received: 1219 thanks
Favorite Trails: Crestridge
I can drive alongside you with a bullhorn pushing you to go farther if you'd like

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:25 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 14906 thanks
Received: 5738 thanks
Bike(s): Marin Rift Zone 3; Budget SS
Favorite Trails: Cuyamaca; Fanita Ranch
From someone who spent too many years on the dark side, turn back before it's too late. Before you know it, miles will be more important than fun. Just kidding, well sort of . . . .

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:44 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Canaan wrote:
From someone who spent too many years on the dark side, turn back before it's too late. Before you know it, miles will be more important than fun. Just kidding, well sort of . . . .

I'm sticking to this; I'm riding the road to be better in the mountains. Plus I have a part on order for the Tracer.

I've been re-learning how to road ride this week, which means... dodge cars. Maybe that's why roadies for the most part are such dicks... they are so sketched out by the idiotic motorists they can't lighten up. I'm glad there is a cell phone law otherwise a person on a bike would have no chance. If it helps any, the 50mile loop through Poway, 4S, Scripps, is 98% bike lane.

--Desmond Tutu

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:14 am 
Obsessed
Obsessed

mongooseboy wrote:
Canaan wrote:

I'm sticking to this; I'm riding the road to be better in the mountains. Plus I have a part on order for the Tracer.

I've been re-learning how to road ride this week, which means... dodge cars. Maybe that's why roadies for the most part are such dicks... they are so sketched out by the idiotic motorists they can't lighten up. I'm glad there is a cell phone law otherwise a person on a bike would have no chance. If it helps any, the 50mile loop through Poway, 4S, Scripps, is 98% bike lane.

I was just teasing. I know those roads well and they are very safe, as far as road riding goes. If I didn't have baseball today, I probably would have joined you. I've got to find the right road/MTB balance myself.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:40 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 420 thanks
Received: 898 thanks
Bike(s): 2011 Turner 5 Spot
Favorite Trails: The ones you didn't help with.
CRAP why did I just read this? :cry:
i just got home from this quick ride. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/32610311

Sorry. . .. I would have invited you had i known you were lookin to roadie out today. . .

It was a blast messin with the guys on tri bikes all morning though.
Me in my baggies, with mtn bike shoes, blowin the doors off full trikit kestrel riding guys. . . . i love it.

The following user would like to thank kevmortensen for his or her post:
Scarbery Rdr
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:52 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 90 thanks
Received: 41 thanks
Bike(s): Redline Skookum, Custom Roadie
Favorite Trails: Elfin, Big Bear, Iron Mtn
Dodging cars is an understatement. On my way home from Nytro, I saw two guys on Trek (what looked like Madones) on Black Mountain and the 56 off ramp. One of bretheren was hit by a guy getting off the highway. I don't know if he just wasn't bothering to look, but I've been hit by a car, and it isn't any fun. Be safe and good luck. I'm gonna have to check out that geoLadders site for sure.

Triguy30

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 4:32 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Rick -- you are the wind beneath my wings. Just back from a 25-mile road ride, and I didn't even come close to getting hit by a car.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:05 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

My plans completely fell through today, Grandma is not feeling well and the neighbor kids are busy today and can't sit for me. I am having a fun day with the kid's. I am a little disappointed, but I should have gone this morning earlier when mama was home.

Tomorrow: I am going early. If I do this, http://connect.garmin.com/activity/32057328 95% bike lanes, start time will be 8:00.
I have been wanting to this http://connect.garmin.com/activity/7952656 ride for the first time all this past week. I would have to start earlier for the Great Western, like 7:00. I think the roads will be pretty empty in the morning. I have a Mama's day thing at noon so I have to be done before then.

--Desmond Tutu