All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:12 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 272 thanks
Received: 362 thanks
Bike(s): Developing a damn quivvvvver!
Favorite Trails: Any with dirt!
Have you ever headed into the garage to load up your jersey only to be short a tube (or two) and maybe even short a CO2 bottle (or two) but decide to go out anyway?
Really, am I going to stay home just because I might get a flat? After all, I have not had a single road flat all year long. I'll just bring some cash and pick up some in Ramona (50 miles away.)
I bet you know where this is going....
Since the Borrego Century was also on Sunday I figured I'd get some road cred for heading up the grade in the early dawn hours and sure enough I saw many bikes loaded into cars and trucks heading down the grade as I was heading up.
Feelin' kinda' strong I was pumping up Montezuma and just past Culp Valley camp when the back felt kinda' soft.....
Damn....oh well, no problem, I'll flag a fellow biker while they head down the grade and see if I can buy the stuff I needed to continue my ride.
WTH...where did all the bikers go. I sat there for a half hour waiting for another bike to come bye, but noooooo. I finally just stuck my thumb out and waited for a truck to come by, and waited and waited. Where are all the cars? Finally a Prius stops and offers some help, I'd need to stash my bike in the bushes and they would give me a ride back into Borrego.
So now what? I can go get my truck, fix the tire, but still have no spare. I decide to get the bike and head into Ramona and pick up the spares. No problem there. Kirks Bike Shop is open on Sunday so I get my gear, park the truck in the lot next to the shop and head out....again.
No problems from there, a little rain, some slick paint and a very poorly maintained bike lane going over the 52, but aside from that no problems.
My wife meets me in Tierrasanta and gives me a ride back to Ramona and my truck. Instead of a nice 80 miler, I get 40 in. Better than nothing!
How was your weekend?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:59 am 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 0 thanks
Received: 58 thanks
You could have stopped by Christmas circle and I would have sold you a tube!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:25 am 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 272 thanks
Received: 362 thanks
Bike(s): Developing a damn quivvvvver!
Favorite Trails: Any with dirt!
richwolf wrote:
You could have stopped by Christmas circle and I would have sold you a tube!

DOH!!!