It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:48 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 5205 thanks
Received: 1036 thanks
Bike(s): invisible ones
Favorite Trails: Whatever is left...
evdog wrote:
FastRich gets my vote for Internet Tough Guy of the year!

I bet FastRich would be a real badass at rock-breaking over on BM!

The following 2 users would like to thank Ray Dolor for his or her post:
bankerboy, FastRich
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:22 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 63 thanks
Received: 218 thanks
Bike(s): Huffy Rock Creek
Favorite Trails: 52 bike lane
Ray Dolor wrote:
evdog wrote:

?? Are we talking about trail work at Black Mountain? Yeah, sure. I'm fine with all that. If you're suggesting that I get involved or support SDMBA, I tried that. Did trail work, went to the mt. bike version of the AA meetings, went on advocacy rides. Maybe something's changed in the last year but in my view it's getting exponentially worse. More and more trails getting closed and a minor (can you really call it a) victory at LPQ.

No tough guy about it, I just like riding and don't have a lot of patience for people with agendas hiding behind poorly thought out policies and chicken shit rules.

I'm passionate about the Sycamore thing because it was my go to riding place. Close to home, easy after work miles to get a great workout and de-stress and a great mix of terrain. I would be riding there right now if it wasn't for all this fuqtardery. One of my riding buddies called me today and we talked about it. My feeling is that basically I'm over all the drama. If San Diego hates mt. bikers that much, then I'll just bow out. Maybe keep downhilling at BB some in the summer and support my kids DH racing. I can ride my road bike for fitness and spend my MTB money on riding and racing moto. His thought was that East County is a long lost cause. He woks more in the North County and can take his bike to work to ride BM for training miles. He said his weekend rides will be up North at like Vail Lake, the O.C. other areas that are more regional since there's no support behind riding down here.

My kid just informed me that Ted's just got shut down, bull dozed and they're building a fence. Asshats are out there writing $500 citations to kids right now. Luxury homes going up, mt. bikes going down. Mt. biking is a dead sport locally. Collectively the IMBA is doing good things, just not locally.

"Nothing dollarable is safe, however guarded" - John Muir

The following 3 users would like to thank FastRich for his or her post:
Canaan, Dirtrider, Dustin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:19 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 453 thanks
Received: 548 thanks
Bike(s): Ibis Ripley
Favorite Trails: Actual Singletrack
FastRich wrote:
Ray Dolor wrote:
evdog wrote:

?? Are we talking about trail work at Black Mountain? Yeah, sure. I'm fine with all that. If you're suggesting that I get involved or support SDMBA, I tried that. Did trail work, went to the mt. bike version of the AA meetings, went on advocacy rides. Maybe something's changed in the last year but in my view it's getting exponentially worse. More and more trails getting closed and a minor (can you really call it a) victory at LPQ.

No tough guy about it, I just like riding and don't have a lot of patience for people with agendas hiding behind poorly thought out policies and chicken shit rules.

I'm passionate about the Sycamore thing because it was my go to riding place. Close to home, easy after work miles to get a great workout and de-stress and a great mix of terrain. I would be riding there right now if it wasn't for all this fuqtardery. One of my riding buddies called me today and we talked about it. My feeling is that basically I'm over all the drama. If San Diego hates mt. bikers that much, then I'll just bow out. Maybe keep downhilling at BB some in the summer and support my kids DH racing. I can ride my road bike for fitness and spend my MTB money on riding and racing moto. His thought was that East County is a long lost cause. He woks more in the North County and can take his bike to work to ride BM for training miles. He said his weekend rides will be up North at like Vail Lake, the O.C. other areas that are more regional since there's no support behind riding down here.

My kid just informed me that Ted's just got shut down, bull dozed and they're building a fence. Asshats are out there writing $500 citations to kids right now. Luxury homes going up, mt. bikes going down. Mt. biking is a dead sport locally. Collectively the IMBA is doing good things, just not locally.

There is no doubt about it. San Diego has become a depressing fucking place to be a mountain biker. It would be worse without SDMBA, but sometimes that is small consolation. My only saving grace is to be interested in multiple kinds of cycling. So when I get tired of riding the very few trails that are local to and haven't been closed, I can do some road riding, or screw around on my urban/DJ/MTB thingy. Also just bought a BMX cruiser in the hopes of hitting some practice nights at the local tracks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:59 am 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 499 thanks
Received: 1771 thanks
Bike(s): Monocog SS 29er
Favorite Trails: Skinny & dirty
Dustin wrote:
There is no doubt about it. San Diego has become a depressing fucking place to be a mountain biker. It would be worse without SDMBA, but sometimes that is small consolation. My only saving grace is to be interested in multiple kinds of cycling. So when I get tired of riding the very few trails that are local to and haven't been closed, I can do some road riding, or screw around on my urban/DJ/MTB thingy. Also just bought a BMX cruiser in the hopes of hitting some practice nights at the local tracks.

Sadly, I gave up road riding as a fitness alternative because of the hostile and/or idiotic driving habits. I may get a gravel grinder and go find some forest service roads to ride (yes I realize it's a whole 'nother can of worms to find which are legal).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:54 pm 
deerhucker
deerhucker

Given: 1925 thanks
Received: 2930 thanks
Bike(s): Santa Cruz Blur LTc
Favorite Trails: any dirt with a challenge
I think I am drinking too much. Wrong forum. Sorry. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:58 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 499 thanks
Received: 1771 thanks
Bike(s): Monocog SS 29er
Favorite Trails: Skinny & dirty
X-post from MTBR/Socal:
================
As of April 26th USMC Miramar is now accepting permit applications to access Stowe Trail.
https://twitter.com/MCASMiramarCA

Website

Stowe Trail

Permit application

http://www.miramar.marines.mil/Portals/164/Docs/MCASMiramar/stowe_trail/Stowe_Trail_Permit_Application.pdf?ver=2017-03-23-173447-927

Liability waiver

http://www.miramar.marines.mil/Portals/164/Docs/MCASMiramar/stowe_trail/Liability_Waiver_Stowe_Trail.pdf?ver=2017-03-23-173448-223

The following 2 users would like to thank random walk for his or her post:
bajamtnbkr, Dirtrider
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:19 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 39 thanks
Received: 1499 thanks
Bike(s): TallBoy LT, Woodie, MB-2
Favorite Trails: Calavera, 5 min from house
Those are some hoops to jump through, but at least they are there and able to be jumped through.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6