Post subject: Clairemont area
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:11 am 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 394 thanks
Received: 430 thanks
Bike(s): 08 Trance X2-shes a beast!
Favorite Trails: Noble, ATT, 56, No Dig No Ride
Hey any riders out here??? I heard some people moved over here from socal riders forum so I thought I'd check it out. I am trying to find some local riders, hows everyone doing these days?? Peace

Post subject: Re: Clairemont area
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:16 am 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 491 thanks
Received: 481 thanks
What's up ThrillRide...

I ride a lot Tri-Canyons a lot (consider it my "home" trail) and Los Penasquitos and Sycamore. When do you usually ride?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:39 am 
Necromonger
Necromonger

Given: 11836 thanks
Received: 7008 thanks
Bike(s): Push-Bike With Training wheels
Favorite Trails: Dirty Dirty Trails
Hey thrillride, welcome to Dirt Treaders.
If you ever want to ride in the North County let me know...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:41 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 9422 thanks
Received: 5398 thanks
Bike(s): Mantis Ghost
Favorite Trails: Vernal Pools
:welcome:

I'm in LPQ or Sycamore canyon most of the time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:10 pm 
Bajacabra
Bajacabra

Given: 7412 thanks
Received: 7175 thanks
Bike(s): Turner 5 Spot
Favorite Trails: SART, Thounder Mtn,Sweetwater
Welcome!! Your almost south of the border connection :hello:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:43 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Wow guys theres actually some response!!! lol, I have been on pinkbike.com for the past couple months, mostly canada and jumbled up other areas. Good to find a forum dedicated to local so cal! I ride the tri canyons every other couple days or so, but try to bike every other day if not every day. The tri canyons are for sure my "home trail" cuz I live right there! But los penisquitos is fun, I like the Downhill rides a lot and I might have mentioned I went to Nobel last weekend it was sooo great. A friend and I went with two trucks and shuttled, it was a 2hr downhill intense ride, we hauled right through it on two trance X2's...more XC bike but they still worked sweet! I wanna get a freeride/DH bike, but mostly around here I know theres a lot of good XC.

I just went along Marian Bear canyon last night around 6pm. Saw a few different people biking, I was by myself and I saw a couple others alone too. Just let me know when and I'll meet you down there phonger!

So where is this sycamore canyon??? Downhill at all? Also I heard recently that Rancho penisquitos(WHERE IS THIS haha) has some ladder drops! Really wanna go check that out. I have been working on tecolote canyon the past week, just one section at a time cuz I'm alone, but it should be a fun ride in year when I'm done ;) LOL Peace fellas and thanks for the welcome!

The following user would like to thank thrillride for his or her post:
Red Hot Sloth
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:21 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 491 thanks
Received: 481 thanks
Sycamore Canyon is in Poway, here's a ride description and directions from Mountain Bike Bill. http://www.mountainbikebill.com/SycamoreCanyon.htm

There's a rocky downhill section at Sycamore that's pretty gnar that you might like called Martha's Grove. I've f*cked myself up on those parts but I'm on single-speed 29'er.

El Dood, the Moderator Supreme of this Board, knows where all the good stuff is at Penasquitos. He knows where the wooden jumps which you speak of. In fact, he is known to jump them blindfold and without the use of his hands on occasion. He rides LPQ regularly so I'm sure he can give you the tour.

How do you like the Trance? Im thinking of getting one if the wife lets me...Good deal at BikeWarehouse for Trance x2 right now.

The following user would like to thank Phonger for his or her post:
Red Hot Sloth
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:17 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

That sounds sweet man I love the downhill! Blindfolded?!?!?! Crazy!!! Yea funny you mention it that's where I got my Trance X2, it was around 2 but it might be cheaper now. I honestly love this bike for XC and uphill, but downhill and jumps I need more suspension. I am looking forward to keeping my X2 but also hopefully getting a Reign or Glory for sure in the future. I'll have to check out sycamore canyon.

Its a real shame there was a bridge made by the city down in tecolote canyon, it was used by hikers, bikers, travelers, walkers/joggers, and today I saw someone had DESTROYED IT!!! I couldn't believe it! I was so sad, I mean I plan on building ladders down there but shit after seeing a city built bridge just ruthlessly torn down I was really just shocked. The wood is scattered at the bottom of the gully and the nails are just sticking out everyone, what a shame. I hope that shit stops one day, I just don't understand why someone would do that, why take the time to destroy that? it was built really well, it took a lot of effort to break it apart. Sad sight to see. Peace all

The following user would like to thank thrillride for his or her post:
Red Hot Sloth