It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:40 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 10484 thanks
Received: 7541 thanks
Bike(s): Specialized Levo Expert
Favorite Trails: Snipers Point, Doggo DH
Bulldozer27 wrote:
The bottom left arm is nowhere near Dorothea Terrace or Lola Way. As A-Street said, it was the Sandbag Line. ALL of that red area is right near to and visible from the cul-de-sac at the end of Meadowbrook. I zoomed in when I made that map because it is such a small area relative to what can still be ridden out there without trespassing.

Nevertheless, here is a zoomed-out map with accurate plotlines and ownership labels that I made last night and sent to the SDMBA along with the zoomed-in map posted here earlier. This info is all a matter of public record. As you can see, there is still a far greater amount of open space out there to ride and, uhh, evolve......

^^^^ Thank you sir :thumbsup:

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:32 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 181 thanks
Received: 317 thanks
Bike(s): Yeti
Favorite Trails: Anywhere There Is Dirt
Thanks Bulldozer. I am not that familiar with the place but have been eyeing the climb up from Lola Way to start exploring the area, so I appreciate your post a lot.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:30 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 99 thanks
Received: 380 thanks
Bike(s): Mongoose Blue Max
Favorite Trails: Anything paved
Climbing?! You don't go there to climb! :mrgreen:

Seriously though, I suspect more trails will start to pop up towards that Western area of the open space as the City of Poway owns plots in that vicinity.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:56 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 0 thanks
Received: 424 thanks
Bike(s): Commencal Super 4.1
Favorite Trails: Black Rock Oregon
Just an FYI lola is super rutted from the last rain. Only from the long fireroad descent down.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:00 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 5 thanks
Received: 296 thanks
Bike(s): SC Nomad
Favorite Trails: east county, Calaveras
Grant is right. Descending Lola was not that fun last time due to the all the new ruts. They are the complete washout trail kind that go two feet into the ground.

Andy, there is better places to climb and explore rather than Lola. Lola starts pretty far from the meat and potatoes of teds.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:24 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 181 thanks
Received: 317 thanks
Bike(s): Yeti
Favorite Trails: Anywhere There Is Dirt
Thanks for the input guys, just been trying to figure out ways to get there from the house, and Lola Way seemed like the quickest so I could ride from home. Still have yet to ride any of it, so all this info is very helpful.

The following user would like to thank AndYeti for his or her post:
OldDogDan
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:07 am 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 0 thanks
Received: 424 thanks
Bike(s): Commencal Super 4.1
Favorite Trails: Black Rock Oregon
Go past lola headed east to Oak knoll road. Its close and that is the bottom of AA. I haven't ridden it since the rains, but its not a bad climb up just make sure to watch for the downhill traffic. That will get you to the best parts of Teds (and easier climbing).

The following user would like to thank n10sive for his or her post:
AndYeti
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:26 pm 
deerhucker
deerhucker

Given: 1925 thanks
Received: 2930 thanks
Bike(s): Santa Cruz Blur LTc
Favorite Trails: any dirt with a challenge
URGENT!!! San Diego Mountain Biking Association (SDMBA) Advocacy Meeting Location Change!!! URGENT!!!

Due to strong interest from the community, we've been forced to shift the Advocacy Meeting to larger venue!!! This ensures everyone's voice will be heard with all parties welcome. We'll be meeting at Foothills Church in El Cajon - the Youth Services Building - 365 W Bradley Ave, El Cajon, CA 92020 at 6pm until 8pm. Signs will be posted once you enter.

******PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH YOUR GROUPS/FRIENDS!!!!*****

SDMBA LOCATION CHANGE
Foothills Church
Youth Services Building (there will be signs)
365 W Bradley Ave
El Cajon, CA 92020

*Arrive early - meeting starts at 6pm sharp, ending at 8pm. Parking is available.
*Media is welcome.
*Elected officials and/or their representatives from the following offices will be attending: County Supervisor Dianne Jacob, San Diego Councilman Scott Sherman, State Assemblymen Brian Jones and Representative Scott Peters.
*Marines - representative will also be present

We ask everyone to be respectful and solutions focused! What happened is terrible, with the only option being LEGAL TRAILS. Fortunately we'll be discussing the efforts currently underway regarding legal trails and how you can get involved.

PLEASE Forward this to all your friends/communities!

The following 3 users would like to thank bankerboy for his or her post:
Dirtrider, OldDogDan, Ray Dolor
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:28 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 379 thanks
Received: 982 thanks
Bike(s): Giant Anthem 29er
Favorite Trails: flowy single tracks
Re:TW. There is no legal riding there and at any time the city of SD, city of Poway, CDFW, or the private parcel owners can put the kybosh on.

Many will moan and whine and say "that ain't right" but deep down will know that in reality riding there without permission all those years wasn't "right" and property owners exercising their rights is a bummer but is not wrong - they are called rights for a reason, after all. No one will feel that all these years they were able to ride TW was a privilege . . . human nature I suppose.

There are 3 legal trails at Black Mountain that for a 99% of bike riders are downhill travel only.

The path to getting the type of riding you want on these trails is . . . progressive. If a motivated group can demonstrate their desire, commitment, and instill trust it is then possible to forge an effective partnership with the local land managers.

Start small and with 100% buy-in for every iota of proposed work. It took years to get the trails plan we're executing today in place. It's going to be many many years before World Cup type riding will exist legally in SD.

Someone has to step and start making the baby steps. Yes, I know from experience it's frustrating. If you don't start now, it just delays when it can happen.

I hold no ill will to anyone that just wants to ride and can't stomach the thought of fighting for access. To do so would make me a hypocrite. I sat on my hands for 25 years saying "somebody ought to" and finally looked in the mirror one day and realized I'd gotten a lot out of mountain biking and hadn't spent one second of my time giving back. My motivation to get involved came from within as it will with whoever steps up on the DH front.

I just ask that you stare into the crystal ball and realize that TW is not a "forever" and that having laid the groundwork nearby there can be a semblance of continuity.

The following 7 users would like to thank rodster for his or her post:
Canaan, Dustin, his highness, J.A.M., Los, OhNooo, Ray Dolor
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:05 pm 
INDIGENOUS ASSHOLE
INDIGENOUS ASSHOLE

Given: 2657 thanks
Received: 3676 thanks
Bike(s): Nomad mk2, Giant Glory
Favorite Trails: the ones that go down, duh!
i just cant help but lulz at this....TW is still the same old shit sandwich it always was :roll:
nothing will ever change there and people wont ever get off their ass and do shit about it...maybe Steve might have a little more luck with the land managers this time around, but that will be short lived (as always) and it will never be enough to ever actually legalize that place.
get it through your heads people, TW is actually quite simple;
1- there are simply wayyyyyyy too many different hands in the proverbial pot at TW (too many different land owners)
2-the majority of the actual users (downhillers) will simply poach, hide and continue to poach...they wont ever step up to the plate and realize the only way to ever even have a chance at this is to show up at meetings, join up with advocacy groups and spend LOTS of THEIR OWN valuable time working with and convincing the city, state and landmanagers.

the part i find so comical is this;
the downhillers actually get it :lol: :lol:
they know its much easier and much more effective to go poach some other spot instead of doing all the hard work of attending meetings and negotiating, and pleading their case.
so in reality, you guys are just fighting a loosing battle.

:cheers: :cheers:
enjoy it while its there people......and if they try to give you a ticket, start spinning those cranks and GTFO so you can go ride a different spot until the fuzz gets there too.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:41 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 2423 thanks
Received: 7322 thanks
Bike(s): Revel Rail, Spur, Carver Ti,
Favorite Trails: Hmm........
Wow, Italo! I am always in awe of your superior intellect.

You are light years ahead of everyone else in your thinking. Keep up the great work!

The following user would like to thank evdog for his or her post:
bjammin
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:11 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 5205 thanks
Received: 1036 thanks
Bike(s): invisible ones
Favorite Trails: Whatever is left...
evdog wrote:

You are light years ahead of everyone else in your thinking. Keep up the great work!

Italo makes the case for the "outlaw" DH'ers as the "useful idiots" of the enviros and the developers.
Go figger.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:19 pm 
INDIGENOUS ASSHOLE
INDIGENOUS ASSHOLE

Given: 2657 thanks
Received: 3676 thanks
Bike(s): Nomad mk2, Giant Glory
Favorite Trails: the ones that go down, duh!
evdog wrote:

fahk you and your high horse.... :thumbsup:
just like TW hasnt changed one bit, apparently you are also still the same smart ass anoying little pencil dick midget that you were back then.
i hope we arent ever on the same trail together, i bet it would be a very small unnoticeable bump if i ran you over with my dirtbike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:45 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

his highness wrote:
i hope we arent ever on the same trail together, i bet it would be a very small unnoticeable bump if i ran you over with my dirtbike

'Cuz internet tough guys always win!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:53 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

By the way, I've put on enough weight I would make for a formidable technical trail feature to run over on the trail. Hope your moto is not too heavy - you will have to hike a bike over me like you did over every trivial rock feature on Chiquito

The following user would like to thank evdog for his or her post:
his highness
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next