Post subject: Thanks OhNoo!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:08 pm 
Resident Hucker
Resident Hucker

Given: 50 thanks
Received: 1140 thanks
Bike(s): Reign X1
Favorite Trails: ...
Today OhNooo (Paul) drove to my office and dropped off to me a slightly used (but in way better shape that my current set) set of Gold/Black CrankBros 5050XX flats!! :bang:

What a great guy. I sent him a PM and he said they were all mine! This is what Dirt Treaders is all about. People meeting nice people and riders helping riders. I love DT! :D

THANKS OHNOO!!!!!!!!! :wave:

The following 5 users would like to thank QuietStorm for his or her post:
bajamtnbkr, Ld00d, Phonger, Red Hot Sloth, Zippy
 Post subject: Re: Thanks OhNoo!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:53 am 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 2093 thanks
Received: 1460 thanks
Bike(s): Sirens: Song and John Henry
Favorite Trails: Cuyamaca
You're welcome! :wave:

Yeah, I probably could have got a small amount of coin for those used pedals, but what's the point? I thought it would be better to offer them up for use by fellow treaders than to stuff them in a bucket. I'm glad you will put them to good use.

I'm sure many of us have a bucket-o-parts that aren't being used. Let's just pass them along whenever we get the opportunity. One person's left-over greasy bits is another persons gold!

Take one down.... pass it around... :cheers:

The following 3 users would like to thank OhNooo for his or her post:
bajamtnbkr, Phonger, wirk242
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:48 am 
Fail242
Fail242

Given: 494 thanks
Received: 564 thanks
Bike(s): None :(
Favorite Trails: LPQ, SW, Otay, TriCanyons!
Hey Mike... I guess your one step closer to building that tandem DH rig for you and Rachel.

I don't think anyone would want my spare parts... unless they have a use for rusty chains and powerspline BBs.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:11 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

wirk242 wrote:
I don't think anyone would want my spare parts... unless they have a use for rusty chains and powerspline BBs.

There are indeed limits. I recently threw away a bunch of completely useless stuff like old biopace (biodisgrace?) chainrings and a fork that had no rebound at all and worked better as a pogo stick than as a fork. Let's pass along stuff that has little value to yourself (sitting in the spare parts bin and unlikely to be used again) but may indeed have value to others.

Anybody need BB5 calipers? I'm running BB7s and have some almost new BB5s just sitting in the bucket... No discs, just the calipers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:46 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 722 thanks
Received: 974 thanks
Bike(s): Stumpy FSR/Mary SS
Favorite Trails: Undecided
OhNooo wrote:
wirk242 wrote:

There are indeed limits. I recently threw away a bunch of completely useless stuff like old biopace (biodisgrace?) chainrings and a fork that had no rebound at all and worked better as a pogo stick than as a fork. Let's pass along stuff that has little value to yourself (sitting in the spare parts bin and unlikely to be used again) but may indeed have value to others.

Anybody need BB5 calipers? I'm running BB7s and have some almost new BB5s just sitting in the bucket... No discs, just the calipers.

So does that exclude your Mary SS then? I'm seriously thinking about getting one after riding my old SS with 68mm fork and 560mm flat bar down NASCAR the other day.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:32 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Brian wrote:
So does that exclude your Mary SS then? I'm seriously thinking about getting one after riding my old SS with 68mm fork and 560mm flat bar down NASCAR the other day.

I LOVE Mary! She's definately not in the spare parts bucket. :lol:

She is responsible for many of the spare parts in that bucket as I upgrade her to make her even more fun to ride. I've had 5 different MTBs over 20 years of riding, and she's by far my favorite bike out of the bunch.

For a while, the guys I was riding with wanted to ride places a bit too steep for my skinny ass to make it up on the SS. It sucks being old and weak. So I rode my new Ventana ElRey which has the gearing to allow me to make it up the steeps. It's a wonderful bike. It's suspension inspires confidence on the downhills that Mary just doesn't provide. But I still longed for Mary. :wink: