All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:54 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 184 thanks
Received: 206 thanks
Bike(s): Kona Honzo
Favorite Trails: ALL mountain
Large 2014 Kona Process 134DL frameset in excellent condition. Very clean. It will come with two upgraded shocks, FSA headset, bottom bracket, and extra derailleur hangers.

The only real damage is minor from a dropped chain on the dropout. Otherwise, there are NO gouges, dings, scrapes, dents at all. It was protected extensively with helicopter tape, which left some residue on the seat stays. I removed all the tape to show the excellent condition of the frame.

I had used the frame for about 6 months and went through a number of shocks.

The original Monarch blew out and was replaced under warranty with a 2014 RT3. It has the most miles on it.

The 2015 Monarch XX is just like the RL, but with a hydraulic remote. It really only has something like 12 rides on it!

*MONARCH RL PICTURED IN BOX IS NO LONGER FOR SALE. I SOLD IT SEPERATELY.

It's a terrific bike, but I just got a steel hardtail and swapped the build over. Can't afford two bikes just now.

I'm asking $1000 plus shipping, OBO. I would ship it in the bike frame box it's sitting on and package it properly. If you're in Southern California we can arrange pickup. Message me with any questions or if you'd like specific pictures. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:12 am 
Lurker
Lurker

Given: 0 thanks
Received: 0 thanks
Bike(s): Kona process 134
Favorite Trails: All mtn
Hi im new here. Ive been riding for about 10months and racing seriously for about 5. I come from a dirtbike racing background so im not new to bikes. I have the same bike as your post said just an XL. Im 6'1" so im kinda tall for a large but larges seem to turn better because they are smaller. I see this was posted in January but is it still for sale? Oh and i live in socal.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:19 am 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 184 thanks
Received: 206 thanks
Bike(s): Kona Honzo
Favorite Trails: ALL mountain
Nick286 wrote:
Hi im new here. Ive been riding for about 10months and racing seriously for about 5. I come from a dirtbike racing background so im not new to bikes. I have the same bike as your post said just an XL. Im 6'1" so im kinda tall for a large but larges seem to turn better because they are smaller. I see this was posted in January but is it still for sale? Oh and i live in socal.

Sold, but I think you have the right size. Try a 35mm stem for quicker handling.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:45 pm 
Lurker
Lurker

Given: 0 thanks
Received: 0 thanks
Bike(s): Kona process 134
Favorite Trails: All mtn
Aww. Well ok. The problem with me is being that a dirtbike is long i wanted to be able to have something that felt like a dirtbike. It does but the problem is that for going up and down switchbacks the bike is harder to turn. I rode my friends 2012 santa cruz nomad (large frame) and it does those things better. Kids on my mtb team have L frames but they are my height. I couldn't find any places that sell kona process frames even kona doesn't offer just the frame. The kids on XLs I see are at least 6'5" even though an XL frame is 6'+. In the photo it looks like the rear shock have more travel than stock. But isnt that because the stock one is deflated?